Thread: SP5210 SP Mode

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    SP5210 SP Mode

SP5210 SP Mode

I have a SP 5210 that needs a hard drive replaced. I haven't been able to find the key sequence to get into SP mode. Reset>806182>C doesn't work nor does the old "107" code.
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Re: SP5210 SP Mode

Quote Originally Posted by cscce View Post
    I have a SP 5210 that needs a hard drive replaced. I haven't been able to find the key sequence to get into SP mode. Reset>806182>C doesn't work nor does the old "107" code.
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    It might be your sausage fingers interfering but it IS "reset>107>Clear/Stop"
    Keep trying or check that Service mode lock is set to OFF in Administrator Tools.
    Try Factory mode....if you STILL can't get in either Service mode lock is on OR you have a problem with the machine itself.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SP5210 SP Mode

Need a little a little more information. Do you have an SP 5210DN, SP 5210SR or SP 5210SF? Does it have a normal operation panel or an SOP?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

SP model means it does have a scanner and adf correct? If so it's the old school panel and the sequence is Clear Modes 107 Clear/Stop like the older generation. Newer machines the Clear Modes key was replaced with Reset I believe and there is still a Clear Stop button on those. If it is a printer only (5210DN) then it's a whole new ball game.
    Quote Originally Posted by cscce View Post
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    SP model means it does have a scanner and adf correct? If so it's the old school panel and the sequence is Clear Modes 107 Clear/Stop like the older generation. Newer machines the Clear Modes key was replaced with Reset I believe and there is still a Clear Stop button on those. If it is a printer only (5210DN) then it's a whole new ball game.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    No, many machines that are printer only also have and SP mode. The 6430dn definitely does. Though they usually have a different method of getting into it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SP5210 SP Mode

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    SP model means it does have a scanner and adf correct? If so it's the old school panel and the sequence is Clear Modes 107 Clear/Stop like the older generation. Newer machines the Clear Modes key was replaced with Reset I believe and there is still a Clear Stop button on those.
    You are correct if the SP is at the end of the model # such as SP 5210SP. The SP 5210DN still has SP at the start but is a Printer only model. The SP at the end in the title is actually is not part of the model number, it stands for Service Program (SP mode).

If it is a printer only (5210DN) then it's a whole new ball game.
    That is the reason for my original reply.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    SP5210 SP Mode

Thank you very much to all who responded. The 107 key sequence worked, but only after I replaced the HDD. With a dead drive or no drive at all I could not get to SP mode.

Now I have another question. Can the drive from one of the customer's other SP 5210's be cloned onto the new drive or will the CAC reader software have to be installed from an SD memory card?

Many thanks.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SP5210 SP Mode

When the HDD failed, you lost all certificate for the CAV You will have to contact the CAC/PIV support team with Ricoh and let them know you have customer with a CAC installed machine with a failed HDD.