Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Lanier MP CW2201

Do any of you guys have any of these machines out in the field? I need an honest opinion as to whether they are any good or if its just a better version of the Lanier MPCW2200. Have to replace a Lanier MPCW2200 and im just curious if im trading one POS for another.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Lanier MP CW2201

Re: Lanier MP CW2201

My only experience, other than the service documentation, has been the 2200. Nice machine as long as it gets enough daily usage to keep the nozzles from clogging. Customers don't like having to do daily operator maintenance, especially when the sales department doesn't explain that during the sales process.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Our customer used the crap out of their 2200, when it works it works like a champ; but when it crashes it really crashes. I've replaced the black print head twice and now it has the dreaded "cover open" symptom which looks costly. So customer wants alternatives to being down and having to constantly replace parts. Going to pitch the 2201 and hope it works better than the 2200.

Much, much better machine than the CW2200. It runs a far more complete Nozzle self check that helps reduce (if not eliminate) broken nozzle patterns. Also, there are more patterns printed for the nozzle check and I believe a 5th Print Head?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Bowen View Post
    Much, much better machine than the CW2200. It runs a far more complete Nozzle self check that helps reduce (if not eliminate) broken nozzle patterns. Also, there are more patterns printed for the nozzle check and I believe a 5th Print Head?
    Much better, easy peasy paperfeed.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

My advise on this machine is to take a look at the service bullotin for sc665 and sc666. Deals with a 37 volt current and once this error code happens...well, look at the service bullotin and you do the math.