Thread: MP C4500

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP C4500

MP C4500

Church had 2 of these Ricoh's donated and use one as a backup to a Kon/Min I sold them and the other for parts. I've worked on it a few times and somewhat familiar with the Ricoh family over the years. About 2 months ago I was there for Cyan blotches on page, I swapped the cyan drum/dev unit from their parts machine and it worked fine. Customer says it's doing same thing with magenta, starts happening after around 20 pages (see below). Figured I would swap the magenta drum unit this time and also have a new Trans belt cleaning unit to bring with me.

My questions are, anything else I should look for? What SP codes do I need to run after replacing a used drum, "new" trans clean unit? And what SP's should I run after a general cleaning?

Thanks in advance

IMG_0107.jpg

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP C4500

Re: MP C4500

The charge roller may be smoked, or a little cleaning will help. On this model it just takes a small flat blade to remove from the pcu.If you clean the optics and I'd sensors you should run process control. It's in the 3xxx.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

MP C4500

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    The charge roller may be smoked, or a little cleaning will help. On this model it just takes a small flat blade to remove from the pcu.If you clean the optics and I'd sensors you should run process control. It's in the 3xxx.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Agree, but also the PCU's are also so old at this point that I bet the cleaning blades are as yellow and brittle as grannie's teeth , and that's what's causing the toner to contaminate the PCR's, and foam rollers. Sure you can remove the unit from the PCU and clean them (and you might as well do all 4 while you're there), but you'll be back in there time and time again for the same issue

MP C4500

Thanks for the replies.

As suspected the Mag drum had all the smudged toner on it so swapped with a unit from a parts machine along with new trans belt cleaning unit. Print is good now. Took old unit back to shop to rebuild with new drum, blade & PCR. Will have drum ready when they call for the yellow. Agree with one of the replies it's only a matter of time before they all crap out. It is in very low volume church office, less than 5k pages per month. Plus they sat for a while before a bank donated them to the church (one working, one parts)

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C4500

What I find most critical is the lubricant bar. If it has worn too much, permanent damage will occur to the drum, blade and charge roller.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Sitting machines always can give some issues when put back into service...
    You can get new individual drums and blades but i dont know about the lub bar.
    I have so many low meter used pulls i have not needed to worry about this..

MP C4500

I did see the lubricant bar in the drum rebuild kit, also includes blade & 2 seals

Agree sitting machines are like a sitting car, not good and no benefit to it. Also find high volume machines that are in low volume offices typically don't do well. They need to be run as designed to work properly.
    Last edited by copyman; 07-23-2018 at 02:55 AM.