Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh aficio MP4000b dirty copies and backside very dirty

Re: Ricoh aficio MP4000b dirty copies and backside very dirty

Quote Originally Posted by 8T2 View Post
    I actually really like these machines. Forgot the SP number but SP2 somewhere is P Pattern Setting. Drop that from 100 to 25 and they run like a dream even when printing small jobs

Provided it's up to date with PM's
    And let them get one bottle of crap toner and your quality can go all over the ballpark. Under toned one day and over toned a couple of hours later. No matter what you do you can't fix it until you get all that toner out .

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Remove transfer unit from machine. Remove Transfer belt from unit. Take out three screws that hold cover on transfer unit. Vacuum out the transfer unit waste toner. Put back together and back into machine. This should take care of toner on backside of copies/prints. If you have background on the front also, then I would do what a couple techs on here suggested, and clean the mag roller in Dev. Unit, replace developer, and while you're at it, just replace the drum and blade.

**Note** - If the machine has been sitting long enough, the transfer belt can stick to the rollers in transfer unit. Have not seen it on this machine, but have seen it on earlier models that have sat in our graveyard for a long time. If it is seized/stuck on the rollers, then you'll have to replace transfer belt too and clean the roller/s.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Remove transfer unit from machine. Remove Transfer belt from unit. Take out three screws that hold cover on transfer unit. Vacuum out the transfer unit waste toner. Put back together and back into machine. This should take care of toner on backside of copies/prints. If you have background on the front also, then I would do what a couple techs on here suggested, and clean the mag roller in Dev. Unit, replace developer, and while you're at it, just replace the drum and blade.
    Ricoh advises against vacuuming the waste toner box. It can easily blow the waste toner full sensor.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Don't you guys just use the 8200 maintenance kits when there due for PM???

You get everything in Kit A and B and its a 20 minute PM even if the machine is dirty

Surely you don't rebuild everything.......

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Imprestik View Post

You get everything in Kit A and B and its a 20 minute PM even if the machine is dirty

Yup we rebuild over here...cutting costs I guess

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

For us as a dealer the two maint kits together cost over $800USD the pm parts box and a bag of developer is just over $400USD so it's not a small price difference. The whole pm parts is cheaper than the A kit is. They don't pay us enough to make it worth the money.

Yup we rebuild over here...cutting costs I guess

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk
    Same here. But it's not a small cost cut.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

hi, (with google translate) I had a similar problem and I solved by first cleaning both the drum unit internally, the charge roller and where there is the toner recycling, then I vacuumed and with a brush holding me away from the waste toner sensor, I cleaned the transfer belt also internally so that it adheres well to the steel rollers, it is better to replace at least the transfer blade. It is obvious if the developer has made over 300k copies should be replaced, if he made 100k no, it is probably the fault compatible toner or the machine is overtoner, then remove the hopper, put a cloth in the hole in the drum unit for do not let the toner rise. Then I made a lot of copies for the second half of the black until they came out very clear. I also sucked the toner into the hopper. Clean the magnetic roller and the grid at the entrance by fluff. Reassembled, run the developer initialization. The copier is now ok. Original toner now. Compatible toner is better with the new developer.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

so if you go to a call that requires rebuilding a unit.. you skip that?

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

I actually really like these machines. Forgot the SP number but SP2 somewhere is P Pattern Setting. Drop that from 100 to 25 and they run like a dream even when printing small jobs

Provided it's up to date with PM's
    Yes to the above...

o Make sure the customer is using the correct toner. From memory I believe there may have been a toner modification for this machine.
    o Update to the lastest firmware to help with the ID patch attenuation....
    o Take the machine off SP mode auto toner feed and place it on SP mode manual toner feed percentage. (I can't recall the SP numbers).
    Drop the percent of toner feed right down low. Should run fine from then on PM to PM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    so if you go to a call that requires rebuilding a unit.. you skip that?
    We don't rebuild anything as labor time ends up costing more than slapping in a Kit A and B. I can rock up to a client site with a vac and a Kit A and B, a couple sets of tray rollers and document feeder parts and walking out 30 minutes later having completed a full PM service for this device.

In all situations we analysis cost of parts for a start, then total labor time.

You will find your labor time which includes travel parking etc will blow out dramatically when you do the sums compared to just slapping kits in

Plus the less time your at a machine servicing and inconveniencing a client the better you look