Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

NOT PRINTING ON EQUITRAC (MP 501spf)

Guys, the client is printing through Equitrac. The display will just show printing and it hangs. There are four machines in their office with the same configuration and set-up. Only one machine is not printing in Equitrac.What could be the possible problem? see attached photo20180730_130453.jpg

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: NOT PRINTING ON EQUITRAC (MP 501spf)

Was the 501 able to print before adding Equitrac? I had that happen once where Equitrac was being blamed for a machine issue.

If so, and assuming ALL jobs are hanging, I would think the problem may be in how the machine is configured on the Equitrac server.

I don't remember the server names, since it's been quite a while and I don't have one to look at.

You may want to delete it from the server and re-add it. Also check the Equitac config on the 501's WIM. It may be different...I saw that happen once, too.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Was the 501 able to print before adding Equitrac? I had that happen once where Equitrac was being blamed for a machine issue.

If so, and assuming ALL jobs are hanging, I would think the problem may be in how the machine is configured on the Equitrac server.

I don't remember the server names, since it's been quite a while and I don't have one to look at.

You may want to delete it from the server and re-add it. Also check the Equitac config on the 501's WIM. It may be different...I saw that happen once, too.
    According to local IT administrator, the machine is not printing since Equitrac is installed and the server is located in other country (United States of America)

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    According to local IT administrator, the machine is not printing since Equitrac is installed and the server is located in other country (United States of America)
    Then it's an Equitrac config problem.

One thing I forgot to mention...are there enough machine licenses in Equitrac to cover them all?
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar

compare the pcc and java version from the working machines. had this issue before and we just updated the java.
    Nobody is perfect..

problem solved by disabling the key counter..