Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    PRINTING PROBLEM (MP 3055sp)

Re: PRINTING PROBLEM (MP 3055sp)

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    Hardwire? you mean network cable? I used three network cables but still not printing.
    You mean three different cables from the wall to the machine? Have you checked to see if you have an active network at the jack?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You mean three different cables from the wall to the machine? Have you checked to see if you have an active network at the jack?
    There is network cable for every network port. All network ports are active. I checked it by connecting it to user pc and other printer.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Faulty Print/Scan SD card ?
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

You said that if you put your router between the mfp and the customers network then it prints fine. Have you connected to the mfp directly to your laptop with a cat5 cable and tried to print? If it prints that way there is something going on with how that mfp is connecting to the customer network. Print out the network info from each machine and compare them to see if there are any differences. ie network speed, ip range... You might also clear the network info SP 5801-001 NCS can be used to reset all network settings to default and re-enter everything .
    Totoro

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    You said that if you put your router between the mfp and the customers network then it prints fine. Have you connected to the mfp directly to your laptop with a cat5 cable and tried to print? If it prints that way there is something going on with how that mfp is connecting to the customer network. Print out the network info from each machine and compare them to see if there are any differences. ie network speed, ip range... You might also clear the network info SP 5801-001 NCS can be used to reset all network settings to default and re-enter everything .

5801-001 is a ALL CLEAR...If you scroll through 5801 you will find the NCS setting. I believe off the top of my head its 007. The last thing you want to do is a 001 or a 002.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Faulty Print/Scan SD card ?
    These machines do not have an SD for print/scan. It is built onto the controller board.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    5801-001 is a ALL CLEAR...If you scroll through 5801 you will find the NCS setting. I believe off the top of my head its 007. The last thing you want to do is a 001 or a 002.
    -007 is the fax function. NCS is -011. When you're not sure, look it up. Any service manual will do.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    I went there with laptop and personal router and I checked the machine. I connected it with my router using network cable and my laptop was connected in wireless connection. The printer was printing with no issues.
    Were the 3055 and your laptop getting IP address by DHCP from your personal router?
    With the 3055 connected to the network, was it getting a connection LED and/or an activity LED? If not, the problem is in the network.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If you could connect via crossover and print just fine, but were unable to with the machine on the customer's network, my FIRST thought would be an IP Conflict. Disconnect the copier from the network, and THEN ping the copier's IP address to see if you get a response.

Next suggestion is to go into the ports tab on your print driver and verify that it's using a TCP/IP port and NOT a WSD port. Those things lose communication all the time, and the only way to get it back is to reboot things. Once the port is set for a TCP/IP port, click "Configure Port" and make sure "SNMP Status" is UN-checked! I've seen that cause similar printing issues.

You also might want to check with their IT people and ask if they're using MAC Address filtering on their network. If they are and haven't entered the 3055's MAC address...or entered it wrong, it'll never connect to the network properly.

Good Luck.... these problems CAN cause hair loss!! ...don't ask me how I know.

Technician

I had this exact issue a few weeks ago. The machine could not be pinged on the customer network. It could be pinged and printed to via my laptop and crossover cable. They could plug a laptop into that wall jack and it would work perfect. Turns out the IT staff had switched that wall jack over to a different vlan without letting anyone know. Which is why their laptop would work on it and not the copier. If your laptop can print to it off their network the machine is 100% ok. It is their network.