Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    PRINTING PROBLEM (MP 3055sp)

Re: PRINTING PROBLEM (MP 3055sp)

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    5801-001 is a ALL CLEAR...If you scroll through 5801 you will find the NCS setting. I believe off the top of my head its 007. The last thing you want to do is a 001 or a 002.
    You are entirely correct. I must have fat fingered 001 instead of 011. I hope no one followed that post. 001 is a very last resort. Thanks for correcting my mistake.
    Totoro

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    If you could connect via crossover and print just fine, but were unable to with the machine on the customer's network, my FIRST thought would be an IP Conflict. Disconnect the copier from the network, and THEN ping the copier's IP address to see if you get a response.

Next suggestion is to go into the ports tab on your print driver and verify that it's using a TCP/IP port and NOT a WSD port. Those things lose communication all the time, and the only way to get it back is to reboot things. Once the port is set for a TCP/IP port, click "Configure Port" and make sure "SNMP Status" is UN-checked! I've seen that cause similar printing issues.

You also might want to check with their IT people and ask if they're using MAC Address filtering on their network. If they are and haven't entered the 3055's MAC address...or entered it wrong, it'll never connect to the network properly.

Good Luck.... these problems CAN cause hair loss!! ...don't ask me how I know.
    That's what I was reading for. Check for a dupe. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    You said that if you put your router between the mfp and the customers network then it prints fine. Have you connected to the mfp directly to your laptop with a cat5 cable and tried to print? If it prints that way there is something going on with how that mfp is connecting to the customer network. Print out the network info from each machine and compare them to see if there are any differences. ie network speed, ip range... You might also clear the network info SP 5801-001 NCS can be used to reset all network settings to default and re-enter everything .
    GLAD to see that someone START at the BASICS!

ALWAYS start with the obvious cause.. work back from there..most don't realize that
    print and scan could on some models needs different IP and/or cards.

Totoro, you exemplify the " Keep it Simple St***D " rule ( nothing AGAINST you ). I see TOO many newbies running STRAIGHT to boards, bypassing the simple/quick remedies.( or READING the manual )

As A Trainer/Service Manager, I have interviewed some "techs" that cannot diagnose their way out of a WET paper bag! ( no.... if you DO NOT KNOW how to read a manual or cannot USE Google you will not make it with me ** most other things can be taught ** )

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

I executed SP 5801-011 NCS but still same problem...

To erase the doubt whether the problem is in MP 3055 machine or in the customer network, we installed another machine coming from our office...I used the same IP, subnet mask and gateway...The machine is printing with no problem.

Conclusion:
    The controller of MP 3055sp has a problem..
    Last edited by sharpmind; 08-05-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post

To erase the doubt whether the problem is in MP 3055 machine or in the customer network, we installed another machine coming from our office...I used the same IP, subnet mask and gateway...The machine is printing with no problem.

Conclusion:
    Just curious, why it prints from your laptop without any problem?
    Something, some setting is holding network operation / system in the controller to function properly.
    OR typically some problem in customer's power supply (fluctuations or spikes), open earthing OR some other device's electromagnetic interference.
    So problem can arise to new install machine also in future. You may need to check old machine thoroughly.

Also as mentioned above, it is SP 5801 -001 & not 011.

Hope this helps

Technician

Conclusion:
    The problem still could be in the customer network if they have the mac address for that machine whitelisted to a different vlan or even blocked all together. The new machine having a different mac allowing it on the network. If you can print from your laptop the controller should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by illude2 View Post
    The problem still could be in the customer network if they have the mac address for that machine whitelisted to a different vlan or even blocked all together. The new machine having a different mac allowing it on the network. If you can print from your laptop the controller should be good.
    If that is the case then why is it that when we delivered new machine to the customer and installed it in the same office, that new machine is printing fine.I just entered the same IP address of the old machine.

We pulled out the customer's machine and checked it in our office. We connected the machine to our office network and it was printing fine.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If that is the case then why is it that when we delivered new machine to the customer and installed it in the same office, that new machine is printing fine.I just entered the same IP address of the old machine.

We pulled out the customer's machine and checked it in our office. We connected the machine to our office network and it was printing fine.

What could be the problem?

As mentioned above... it COULD be an issue with IT "blocking" the MAC address of the old unit. New unit has a new hardware address so it worked.

...at least that would be MY guess.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    As mentioned above... it COULD be an issue with IT "blocking" the MAC address of the old unit. New unit has a new hardware address so it worked.

...at least that would be MY guess.
    The two IT personnel of the company were with me during the troubleshooting. During hours of troubleshooting, suddenly, the machine prints. We were suprised at that time. We checked the connection using PING command and it showed TLL=255 but after several seconds, it showed THE DESTINATION HOST IS UNREACHABLE. That problem continued until we decided to pull out the machine.

Technician

The mac address is blocked on the customers network or on the wrong lan.