Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    PRINTING PROBLEM (MP 3055sp)

Re: PRINTING PROBLEM (MP 3055sp)

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    If that is the case then why is it that when we delivered new machine to the customer and installed it in the same office, that new machine is printing fine.I just entered the same IP address of the old machine.

We pulled out the customer's machine and checked it in our office. We connected the machine to our office network and it was printing fine.
    because of the MAC address,

just proves with your test at the office, it is SOMETHING in their network. Like someone mentioned the MAC addy could have been on a block list .. the fact that your laptop could print to it direct and the "trouble child" is printing in your office is proof of customer network issues.

sometimes a NA ( network admin ) will read about a new setting and init it... not knowing of the problems it causes down the road.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    because of the MAC address,

just proves with your test at the office, it is SOMETHING in their network. Like someone mentioned the MAC addy could have been on a block list .. the fact that your laptop could print to it direct and the "trouble child" is printing in your office is proof of customer network issues.

sometimes a NA ( network admin ) will read about a new setting and init it... not knowing of the problems it causes down the road.
    If all printing is being done through a server and the server has a security suite such as McAfee, the firewall of the security could be blocking the MAC.

For those unfamiliar with the term, we are talking about the Machine Address Code (MAC) not an Apple computer. Almost every connected device has its own unique MAC.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If all printing is being done through a server and the server has a security suite such as McAfee, the firewall of the security could be blocking the MAC.

For those unfamiliar with the term, we are talking about the Machine Address Code (MAC) not an Apple computer. Almost every connected device has its own unique MAC.
    you are correct every unit has a different MAC address. I completely forgot about the McAfee thing... thanks for reminding me!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    you are correct every unit has a different MAC address. I completely forgot about the McAfee thing... thanks for reminding me!
    How come the IT administrators of that company do not know that thing? They are with me during the troubleshooting. I already empahasized that MAC thing during our conversation. I already demonstrated to them that the printer is printing outside their network.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

I already told that thing to the two IT admnistrators of the company to define/allow that printer to their server . That the MAC address of the printer is probably block by their security. But according to them, there is no MAC filtering in their network.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Replace the IT'ers.
    Problem solved.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Replace the IT'ers.
    Problem solved.

Most people think "MCSE" stands for "Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer"... but it's been MY experience that SOMETIMES, it means...

"Must Call Somebody Else"!

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Most people think "MCSE" stands for "Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer"... but it's been MY experience that SOMETIMES, it means...

"Must Call Somebody Else"!
    Re. Engineer.
    From my understanding the quality of being called and engineer requires that a person designs , builds or manufactures something.
    So what does a certified MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) design or build ?

Could it be that they design, build or manufacture more IT problems....?
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    The client has 4 machines of same model which they are using for several months. One day, he called up and he raised a complaint about the machine in engineering office which is not printing. So I went there with laptop and personal router and I checked the machine. I connected it with my router using network cable and my laptop was connected in wireless connection. The printer was printing with no issues.

I presumed there was no problem in the machine but in the client's network instead. I connected the machine to the client's network and I started pinging but it says REQUEST TIME OUT or THE DESTINATION HOST IS UNREACHABLE.

There are three ports in the area so I connected the machine from one port to another but still I cannot ping the machine. So I brought in another machine from sales office and connected it to the ports in engineering office where I was working. To my surprise, the sales department's machine was printing so there was no problem in the network portS.

I returned the machine back to the sales office and I tried to troubleshoot the engineering machine. During the troubleshooting, the machine printed suddenly. I thought the problem was solved but when I ping it,there was no connection again.

I already updated the firmware but still the machine is not printing. I also initialized the printer system and cleared the printer application but no luck. The counter of the machine is only 13178.

What is that tact switch for as shown by the arrow in the photo.Attachment 40287

Any ideas?
    please check the client router ,it could be causing an IP conflict so setup the network on static addressing or if they have a server let the server assign static IP for the printer