Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh MP C3503 WIM

Picked up an off lease MP C3503, everything functions excellent, copy, fax even print and scan to folder.

It pulls an IP, pings, network functions perfect,

But the web interface will not connect, chrome, IE and Mozilla all say it is being "blocked".

Tried clearing NCU, SP 801-11

Still being blocked ( does not even populate to enter UN and PW )

I don't want to guess and screw this otherwise pristine machine .

Thanks for any suggestions

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP C3503 WIM

Try using telnet to connect to the machine. (Normally done from a command prompt.)

Once logged in, type "show", then enter.

It will tell you if the "web" is "up" or "down", (among many other things).

If it's down, type "set web up".

Not quite sure on how to save the setting, but I do remember it's fairly self explanatory.
    Last edited by KenB; 08-08-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C3503 WIM

Make sure that sp 5985 is set to 1. That was my problem. Could be custom security set up in user tools. Also if you search 3002 wim on the site there is a couple more fixes.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C3503 WIM

SP 5-828-091 needs to be set to 1. This Enables (1) or disables (0) the Web operation.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    SP 5-828-091 needs to be set to 1. This Enables (1) or disables (0) the Web operation.
    I'm pretty sure that the telnet method I mentioned does the very same SP setting change.

I do almost all of my work remotely, so I have to make sure it can be done that way before committing a warm body to be on site.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Ricoh MP C3503 WIM

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the telnet method I mentioned does the very same SP setting change.

I do almost all of my work remotely, so I have to make sure it can be done that way before committing a warm body to be on site.

I have never used Telnet (I'm usually the "on site" guy that's requested by our IT to go out and help troubleshoot , I have limited IT experience, but know enough to get in trouble). I read your post, and it seemed to me that we were achieving the same thing. Just wanted to put the SP on there in case the original poster was like me, and has not used Telnet.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for the replies.

The on board NIC SP 5-985-1 is set to 1 on, I can print and scan to folder. The WIM when trying to connect says " 192.168.1.60 refused to connect"

I also hooked up a crossover network cable directly to the Ricoh, can ping it but same "refused to connect" message.

The SP 5-828-091 was set at 1

I noticed the telenet setting at SP -828-090 was set to 0. The initial (default) setting is 1. I did change it to 1.

Performed SP 5801-11, SP 5846-46 and reset user names and passwords. Still no luck

Was looking up how to telenet into the Ricoh, I'll give it a try...Thanks

Something is blocking a web (WIM) access

Ricoh MP C3503 WIM

We have an '03 series in our shop that I've been playing with. A couple things you could check are Device Certificate and SSL/TLS Communication. The Device Certificate on my 03 is sha1WithRSA-2048, can be found in User Tools --> System Settings --> Admin. Tools --> page 4 "Program/ Delete Device Certificate" --> Certificate 1 --> very bottom you'll find the settings. As for the communication, I know we've had a couple of weird problems solved by changing the SSL setting to "Ciphertext/Cleartext" - can be found in User Tools --> System Settings --> Interface Settings --> Permit SSL/ TLS communication.

Also wanted to ask the dumb question of, Have you updated the firmware on the machine?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Alright here is the solution...

Reaching my wits end, In Memory clear...SP 5801 -10(web service), -20 (Web appli), -25 (web sys) and execute.

In the WIM !

Thanks for all the input