Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Replacing Hard Drive in Ricoh 6501- Need Software Reload or PNP with Initialize?

Replacing Hard Drive in Ricoh 6501- Need Software Reload or PNP with Initialize?

I'm a Xerox Tech so my Ricoh experience is limited. Need to prep a machine for lease return that needs the Hard Drives replaced., Are these pretty much PNP with initialization like most machines? Or, do these need actual software reloaded onto the drive? Thanks in advance for your help, much appreciated.

Ricoh 6501 copiers - Replace HD for Lease Return.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Replacing Hard Drive in Ricoh 6501- Need Software Reload or PNP with Initialize?

Nothing special. Replace with same size and type.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Replacing Hard Drive in Ricoh 6501- Need Software Reload or PNP with Initialize?

The HDD assembly consists of 2 160 GB drives mounted in a bracket. Both drives have to be replaced together. Hopefully the machine still has the mount bracket as I don't know it can be ordered separately. Use SP 5832-001 to format.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The HDD assembly consists of 2 160 GB drives mounted in a bracket. Both drives have to be replaced together. Hopefully the machine still has the mount bracket as I don't know it can be ordered separately. Use SP 5832-001 to format.
    And make sure both drives are exactly the same.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisban35 View Post
    I'm a Xerox Tech so my Ricoh experience is limited. Need to prep a machine for lease return that needs the Hard Drives replaced., Are these pretty much PNP with initialization like most machines? Or, do these need actual software reloaded onto the drive? Thanks in advance for your help, much appreciated.

Ricoh 6501 copiers - Replace HD for Lease Return.
    Thank you for your help. When I installed these HD which were direct from Ricoh, they now give me an error when I attempt to format. I've insured they are correctly installed and plugged in.

Any ideas?? Thanks in advance for your help. The error is immediate too as if it doesn't see the hard drives at all.

Screenshot attached. Says HD error. 20180816_145817.jpg

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Are they the same size in GB? If they are larger than what was originally installed the machine may need a firmware upgrade to be able to see the drives. Personally the machine is now complete. Should be the leasing company problem now. I do know how some of them are. Of course all the leasing company will do is sell it to somebody that will ship it overseas to be sold with several others in a shipping container.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by congthuit View Post
    You have been reported for violation of General Rule 5. You will also be reported to Facebook.