Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh MP C3300 Touch Panel Does not Turn on

Hello,
    Initially, the machine was not turning on. But after restoring it back, the copier turns on, the START key turns green, the energy save key comes on; the scanner and the lamp respond, but the touch panel is off. Could it still be a power problem? I'm eager to try practical suggestion please.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP C3300 Touch Panel Does not Turn on

there is a tech bulletin. If you look at the right angle with a flashlight, you might see an SC202 error code. Replace the polygon mirror motor.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonhiker View Post
    there is a tech bulletin. If you look at the right angle with a flashlight, you might see an SC202 error code. Replace the polygon mirror motor.
    If you can get into WIM you will see the error there. There is a board that should be replaced at the same time. If you are good at searching here, there is a post from a couple of years ago that had directions on repairing the board.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Replace both polygon and the BICU board. There was a post back in 2013 where if you jumper ( gob of solder) across resistor R294 it will also work.
    Look VERY close, as the resistor is VERY small. The resistors all have a tiny o printed (in white) on them. the R294 was burnt so the "o" is not visible.

Look for the black resistors between the large white power connector and the row of capacitors. They are black surface mount devices with a white "o" printed on them. Look for the discolored one (burnt) the "o" is not visible.

A bad polygon causes the resistor to fail. Therefore it is necessary to replace the polygon and replace or repair the BICU.

Use a very small bridge of solder to jumper the resistor. ( these would be an incredible pain to de-solder and replace, I have made 2 successful repairs this way, still functioning today)

Good luck

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Replace both polygon and the BICU board. There was a post back in 2013 where if you jumper ( gob of solder) across resistor R294 it will also work.
    Look VERY close, as the resistor is VERY small. The resistors all have a tiny o printed (in white) on them. the R294 was burnt so the "o" is not visible.

Look for the black resistors between the large white power connector and the row of capacitors. They are black surface mount devices with a white "o" printed on them. Look for the discolored one (burnt) the "o" is not visible.

A bad polygon causes the resistor to fail. Therefore it is necessary to replace the polygon and replace or repair the BICU.

Use a very small bridge of solder to jumper the resistor. ( these would be an incredible pain to de-solder and replace, I have made 2 successful repairs this way, still functioning today)

Good luck
    I can say from experience that remedy does work,and would make sure the two filters near the laser unit are clean.
    I

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    I can say from experience that remedy does work,and would make sure the two filters near the laser unit are clean.
    I
    Hello,
    Guys the suggestions about the BICU & the P mirror motor responded. But I'm seeing an endless WAIT on the panel. Any suggestions?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    Hello,
    Guys the suggestions about the BICU & the P mirror motor responded. But I'm seeing an endless WAIT on the panel. Any suggestions?
    HDD failure or firmware failure. Try disconnecting the HDD.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post

Good luck
    Hi Guys,
    Thought I sent and gave details about the Ricoh MPC3300. I guess my reply didn't come through when I sent it. Yes I followed through on all the above suggestions.
    1. I changed the the polygon mirror and the BICU. It initially worked. But I became inquisitive to find out exactly which of the BICU and the polygon mirror was at fault. This made the old polygon mirror break the new BICU again.
    2. The next, I gob soldered the old BICU's resistor 294 and installed the new polygon mirror. It worked again.

Thank you guys so much. You are really valuable!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    Hi Guys,
    But I became inquisitive to find out exactly which of the BICU and the polygon mirror was at fault. This made the old polygon mirror break the new BICU again.
    No Kidding!
    That's pretty clearly stated by StephenB (above) in his reply to you 2 months ago