Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    2 different units- MP C4504 w/DF3100 Doc Feed...tearing doc feed, feed belt

I have 2 of these on contract. Both are having the same problem.
    The feed belt on the doc feed shreds the front facing edge of the belt.
    Both of these machines came from Da-... and were supposedly "new" when my customer received them.
    Both showed less than 1000 copies at install, currently both have less than 10k on each.

I removed the pickup/sep assy. and replaced the belt. The belt had unraveled on the front edge and the string from the belt wrapped itself around the shafts.
    I replaced the belt with D684 2171 per the DF3100 parts manual.
    2 weeks later it happens again on the same machine.
    This time we used belt D541 2121. It appears to be a just slightly smaller diameter.
    It's been on 2 weeks and no calls on that one yet...But, machine number 2 just pulled the same crap as the first one.

Anybody had an issue like this? Did a search on here and Google for DF3100 belt issues but got no hits.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jeff in STL

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: 2 different units- MP C4504 w/DF3100 Doc Feed...tearing doc feed, feed belt

Ricoh had this problem with some of the CXX03's. I used to carry new belts with me.

D6842171 was the new Paper Feed Belt that was to have corrected issues with the'03 colour series shredding the Paper Feed Belts on the ARDF/SPDF Feedheads. Before D6842171 was available and I was in a bind I had to use A8061295 (Paper Feed Belt) on a MP C3003 ARDF (DF3090 - not the SPDF) and it worked quite well.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foo View Post
    I have 2 of these on contract. Both are having the same problem.
    The feed belt on the doc feed shreds the front facing edge of the belt.
    Both of these machines came from Da-... and were supposedly "new" when my customer received them.
    Both showed less than 1000 copies at install, currently both have less than 10k on each.

I removed the pickup/sep assy. and replaced the belt. The belt had unraveled on the front edge and the string from the belt wrapped itself around the shafts.
    I replaced the belt with D684 2171 per the DF3100 parts manual.
    2 weeks later it happens again on the same machine.
    This time we used belt D541 2121. It appears to be a just slightly smaller diameter.
    It's been on 2 weeks and no calls on that one yet...But, machine number 2 just pulled the same crap as the first one.

Anybody had an issue like this? Did a search on here and Google for DF3100 belt issues but got no hits.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jeff in STL
    There is no bulletin because it was supposed to be "fixed" by the time those went to production. The D684 belt you installed on the first repair is supposed to be the replacement of the D541 belt.

I guess they didn't fix it very well. I have also used the A8061295 belt on these machines and it fits.

I've attached the bulletin
    bulletin.pdf

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Had this problem at the beginning, we installed (and install) pn A8592141. After that weŽd no more crashed bands. Install the newest fw and modified beltroller D6842114 & the ARDF runs good.
    Greetings...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I use the A8061295 belt as well... Works much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    There is no bulletin because it was supposed to be "fixed" by the time those went to production. The D684 belt you installed on the first repair is supposed to be the replacement of the D541 belt.

I guess they didn't fix it very well. I have also used the A8061295 belt on these machines and it fits.

I've attached the bulletin
    bulletin.pdf
    Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk