Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mp 2001

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

mp 2001

Can i set up Auto exposure to darker images and to remain when i turn off/on machine?
    Customer wants darker copies and he doesn't want every time to darken it again and again.
    I searced in user tools but didn't find anything.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: mp 2001

Why is it too light, try cleaning optics, set it darker then program as default.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    mp 2001

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    Why is it too light, try cleaning optics, set it darker then program as default.
    Exactly!
    How about servicing the machine and actually resolving the issue that's causing the problem, rather than trying to cover it up!

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    Agree with setting new default. Had a customer scanning and copying rubbish carbon copies off a dot matrix printer and not understanding that the copier couldn't magically give them a beter copy than the original.

Had to switch off auto exposure and set darkness manually and save as default...got a call back the next day when someone else wanted to copy a normal document and it came out too dark haha

For interest sake what drum is in the machine? This range hates the katun style light/lime green drums and you end up with light prints that end up as even lighter copies if original was printed on same machine

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp 2001

Quote Originally Posted by 8T2 View Post
    Agree with setting new default. Had a customer scanning and copying rubbish carbon copies off a dot matrix printer and not understanding that the copier couldn't magically give them a beter copy than the original.

Had to switch off auto exposure and set darkness manually and save as default...got a call back the next day when someone else wanted to copy a normal document and it came out too dark haha

For interest sake what drum is in the machine? This range hates the katun style light/lime green drums and you end up with light prints that end up as even lighter copies if original was printed on same machine

BAck in the day of analog coated copiers we had what were called intensifier sheets. What they were was a sheet of yellow gel similar to what is used in theatrical colored spot lights. Made the black(grey, etc) text and drawings look darker.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    BAck in the day of analog coated copiers we had what were called intensifier sheets. What they were was a sheet of yellow gel similar to what is used in theatrical colored spot lights. Made the black(grey, etc) text and drawings look darker.
    copy image is ok but the prototypes they copy are fade and they have to darken in order to have a good image. They usually copy that so is better when they have a normal prototype (rare) to get it lighter that every time to darken .

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    the prototypes they copy are fade and they have to darken in order to have a good image.
    And that is exactly what the intensifier sheets were for.

I have tried to find where to switch off auto exposure and set darkness manually and save as default but i couldn't find where (i searched user tool and sp mode) . Can you tell me where

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

As I've explain to many customers over the years when they are copying from carbon paper or light images, like register receipts, pencil sketch drawings.
    I would show them how to place a pure black backing sheet over the top of the A4 original on the glass top platun.
    Have them keep the "Black Backing" cover handy near the photocopier permanently.
    You can get Black Backing sheets from any book binding supplies. Most offices would have black book binder covers in their location.

The black backing sheet will save the customer having to change the copier settings to make a darker copy.
    I have a black backing sheet permanent near my own copier during tax time; to copy all those light print register receipts.
    Works like a charm.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    And that is exactly what the intensifier sheets were for.
    I never heard of those type of light filter sheets ...

You've taught me something.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••