Looking for assistance to help another dealer out Can't scan to Email Ricoh MPC5000

A good friend of mine had a stroke last year and I am trying to help him keep his business going until he can get back up on his feet. I am working on a Ricoh MPC5000 that the end user had changed the internet provider from Comcast to A T & T. After the switch, the A T & T tech tried to reconfigure his Ricoh to scan to email. Needless to say, he did not get it to work. Then I went in and tried all of my tricks, but I do not normally work on Ricohs. I checked the system log and it gives me errors that read SMTPC: can't find SMTP server or other errors. I did a communication test from the user/tools under SMTP configuration and it says successful. I tried using my own G Mail settings using SMTP.GMAIL.COM and 587 port along with my username and password. Still no go. Does anyone have a checkist of what the security settings should be? I appreciate the assistance on this.

Tod

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Looking for assistance to help another dealer out Can't scan to Email Ricoh MPC5000

Re: Looking for assistance to help another dealer out Can't scan to Email Ricoh MPC50

The machine is too old to support ssl/tls connections. I don't know about AT&T but Gmail definitely requires ssl. You'll have to configure it using an unencrypted setup.
    I often setup a free account for the customers at SMTP2GO: Reliable & Scalable Email Delivery Service and use those settings. Works great!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Looking for assistance to help another dealer out Can't scan to Email Ricoh MPC50

I don't know about your location, but here AT&T Uverse blocks all port 25 SMTP at the modem. In fact, in some areas they block all SMTP to anyone but their SMTP servers.Your best bet is to find an email service that provides SMTP on port 80. Go Daddy used to but it been a few years since I have used them. Your other option is to use a local SMTP relay such as Stunnel.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Have used SMTP2GO a lot. Just remember you need to set up the account with your AT&T providers Email address or their own domain email. SMTP2GO will not allow a web based set up (like gmail).

Retired 10,000+ Posts

In truth, in the long run, your friend would probably be far better off getting rid of AT&T and getting Spectrum Business. The company I worked for had them the last 2 years before I retired. Never had any problem setting up email on any machine in our office.
    Last edited by slimslob; 08-16-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

How about setting up scan to folder? However if hes running later versin of Win 10 it may not support the mpc5000 or maybe with a fw update.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Have used SMTP2GO a lot. Just remember you need to set up the account with your AT&T providers Email address or their own domain email. SMTP2GO will not allow a web based set up (like gmail).
    Huh? Works with my own gmail, and multiple others that I've set up