Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: Ricoh MP C3002 Using excessive Yelow Toner

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Someone might be printing something that takes a high amount of yellow. This includes greens, oranges or any other color that requires the use of yellow to create.
    Hi. Thank you, checked that! As I have mentioned there have been no changes to the types of documents printed or copied. they are 90% black with a small colour logo. The client has been printing\copying the same documents for the last 2 years and this problem suddenly started. Thank you for your input - everything is gladly accepted and checked up upon! Have a great day!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C3002 Using excessive Yelow Toner

Quote Originally Posted by Lenovich View Post
    Hi. Thank you, checked that! As I have mentioned there have been no changes to the types of documents printed or copied. they are 90% black with a small colour logo. The client has been printing\copying the same documents for the last 2 years and this problem suddenly started. Thank you for your input - everything is gladly accepted and checked up upon! Have a great day!
    The last time I had a customer tell me that, they later found that their cleaning people were bringing their children in with them who were using the copiers and some of the computers. Print the SMC report ans check the coverage numbers.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The last time I had a customer tell me that, they later found that their cleaning people were bringing their children in with them who were using the copiers and some of the computers. Print the SMC report ans check the coverage numbers.
    Hi Thank you again. Checked on this. there is strict control on these machines with User Codes and the machines are locked up at night so nobody has access as this is a high security petroleum company. the machine that is in use at night is in the Control Room a very high security area so this is not a possibility. Yeah, i have looked at all the options... Thank you once again for your input, much appreciated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Just share the SMC logging data lists with us (black out the S/N). In case the values are OK there might be a pile of toner in the rear/drive area of the MFP lol^^

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

SP 3401 - 004, SP 3411 - 004 check those values if it has been tampered. Printing the SMC will be great!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by keithxxiii View Post
    SP 3401 - 004, SP 3411 - 004 check those values if it has been tampered. Printing the SMC will be great!
    Good day! Thank you I have already checked these on my visit last week. These settings are all spot on. Thank you for your input!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts manoj.k.nair's Avatar

[QUOTE=Lenovich;697339]
    Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    Empty the waste toner container and inspect it after a few weeks to see if yellow toner is being wasted away.
    Yellow has always been the one colour i always end up with extras laying around like now.Thank you. I did already check the Waste Toner Bottle and it is full with more yellow toner than any other colour. The machine is definititely using more toner than normal..the question is what is causing this and how to fix it!!!!
    if

If you change both pcu and dev unit, this problem will be solved. I had experienced a few machine and replaced problematic pcdu and its work well up to parts life...
    check the ground plate as well.
    M N AIR

Technician

[QUOTE=manoj.k.nair;697835]
    if

If you change both pcu and dev unit, this problem will be solved. I had experienced a few machine and replaced problematic pcdu and its work well up to parts life...
    check the ground plate as well.
    Hi and thank you for the reply. yes we have already done that. What i then sent my technical team to do was to do things the "old fashioned way" - strip covers and clean Toner supply system, PCDU connectors, Transfer unit, Drum cavity, ID sensors, etc, a proper strip and clean...now we are monitoring.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Good day all
    Please help! I have an MP C3002 that in the last month starting using 1 toner a week! Thatīs 4 already this month. We replaced Yellow Drum and Developer as drum was worn. Followed the correct procedures.
    Client is doing same volume as always and copying and printing same type of documents. nothing has changed on coverage or volume that can effect this.
    I have checked all Toner settings for all colours and yellow is within spec. i have also compared to another MP C3002 and all settings for yellow look fine. Any ideas, please?
    hello, I had the exact same problem on a mpc2003, I had also opened a discussion, MPC 2003: new toner bottle, but half filled (?) the final conclusion was that: 1) the yellow cartridge is less full than others (apparently for a question of yield), 2) the yellow toner tends to be used more because it is used to create other colors .... apart from the excessive consumption other problems I have not had, the machine is very clean, I personally think that the fact of finding yellow toner in the waste tank does not it helps a lot because the exhaust system (as you can see in the attachment) the yellow pcu is the last in line in the discharge path so basically the waste toner undergoes a minor mixing with the other waste toner and therefore comes more "pure" "in the waste toner bottle, good work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    hello, I had the exact same problem on a mpc2003, I had also opened a discussion, MPC 2003: new toner bottle, but half filled (?) the final conclusion was that: 1) the yellow cartridge is less full than others (apparently for a question of yield), 2) the yellow toner tends to be used more because it is used to create other colors .... apart from the excessive consumption other problems I have not had, the machine is very clean, I personally think that the fact of finding yellow toner in the waste tank does not it helps a lot because the exhaust system (as you can see in the attachment) the yellow pcu is the last in line in the discharge path so basically the waste toner undergoes a minor mixing with the other waste toner and therefore comes more "pure" "in the waste toner bottle, good work.
    Thank you for your input we will check up on this.