Technician

Exclamation Error Sc 491-00 on Mp c2011Sp

How are you all? I have an mp c2011 which is coming up with sc 491-00 after running a few black n white copies. I have noted that the first page of a job prints out faint and the rest of the copies will be ok. I have noted from the FSM that this is a charge/development output error. I have disambled and reassembled the black pcdu, removed and reseated the connecters for the pcdu and controller. The error is still coming up. The machines current mileage is roughly 36000 and my client is not happy at all. Does anyone have a solution for this. Please help

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Error Sc 491-00 on Mp c2011Sp

Re: Error Sc 491-00 on Mp c2011Sp

Quote Originally Posted by nokktekk View Post
    How are you all? I have an mp c2011 which is coming up with sc 491-00 after running a few black n white copies. I have noted that the first page of a job prints out faint and the rest of the copies will be ok. I have noted from the FSM that this is a charge/development output error. I have dissembled and reassembled the black pcdu, removed and reseated the connectors for the pcdu and controller. The error is still coming up. The machines current mileage is roughly 36000 and my client is not happy at all. Does anyone have a solution for this. Please help
    well 1st not knowing this machine...

" I have noted from the FSM that this is a charge/development output error. " GREAT so why didn't you mention if you Touched the DEV Unit? ** if not WHY? error points to that**

" I have noted that the first page of a job prints out faint and the rest of the copies will be ok. " Dev unit not getting charged or up to toning properly

what is the count on the PCU's / Dev units?

" I have dissembled and reassembled the black pcdu " DID you clean the it out?
    Is it a charge corona or PCR type system? Did you clean that component?

you left out a LOT of information of what was/wasn't done.

Technician

Thank you for your reply. I disassembled and checked the contacts of the Dev unit and Pcu. Everything looks ok.

The mileage of the Pcu's is as follows:- Pcu k 36073, Pcu C21926, Pcu M 21926, Pcu Y 21928. Dev Unit K 36073, Dev Unit C 21926, Dev Unit M 22024, Dev unit Y 21928. Note that this machine has never been serviced since installation and it is less than a year old. The client called to report this error.

This machine uses a charge roller system. It also has a transfer belt and pre transfer roller.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nokktekk View Post
    This machine uses a charge roller system. It also has a transfer belt and pre transfer roller.
    We are fully aware of what this model has. What we are yet to be convinced of is your ability to properly service it.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    We are fully aware of what this model has. What we are yet to be convinced of is your ability to properly service it.

I am capable of servicing thsee type of machines. How do I prove to you that I can service it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Now to the possible cause of your problem. Your profile says you are located in Zimbabwe. You indicate that you live in Harate which I cannot locate so I am thinking Harare. That would put you in a humid sub tropical climate or humid sub tropical/oceanic highland climate. The MP C2011 has a humidity range of 15 to 80% non condensing. At the high end, it needs to be running 24/7 in order for the fusing unit to keep it non condensing. Either that or you need to install anti condensation heaters. If you are getting condensation on the drums, there could be arcing that will cause pin holing of the drums which will cause the error. You need to do something about the humidity then replace the drums. If the humidity is not taken care of, you will to have premature drum failure.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Now to the possible cause of your problem. Your profile says you are located in Zimbabwe. You indicate that you live in Harate which I cannot locate so I am thinking Harare. That would put you in a humid sub tropical climate or humid sub tropical/oceanic highland climate. The MP C2011 has a humidity range of 15 to 80% non condensing. At the high end, it needs to be running 24/7 in order for the fusing unit to keep it non condensing. Either that or you need to install anti condensation heaters. If you are getting condensation on the drums, there could be arcing that will cause pin holing of the drums which will cause the error. You need to do something about the humidity then replace the drums. If the humidity is not taken care of, you will to have premature drum failure.
    Thank you for your advise. However, this client had 6 units within the same building. 2 units are in the same floor and vicinity. The other unit has done 98k. We have replaced the Pcu's in the other machine as per pm schedule. We did not encounter such a problem. I am going to try and swop the Pcu from another machine. Hopefully the client will allow me to do this. My main worry is how do I solve this issue and convince the client to buy a new Pcu that is if it's needed.

Technician

Good day. I have swoped the Black PCU with the Yellow PCU. The error is still coming up. Could it be the Black dev unit? Anyone got any solutions???