Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    1,086
    Rep Power
    36

    loggin name for a mpc3502,is it just admin with no password?

    hi.
    I gotta call someone back regarding not being able to make changes with paper tray paper type and weight..
    From what i heard it is on lock down..
    thanks


  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    loggin name for a mpc3502,is it just admin with no password?

    guitar9199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Eveleth, MN
    Posts
    545
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: loggin name for a mpc3502,is it just admin with no password?

    Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    hi.
    I gotta call someone back regarding not being able to make changes with paper tray paper type and weight..
    From what i heard it is on lock down..
    thanks
    When the machine is initially set up, it asks you to update the password for Admin and Supervisor. MOST techs will either leave it blank, or change the password to "admin". You could try either.

    If however the tech, or the company's I.T. people changed the password to something ELSE??.... Then, you're up a creek without a canoe....LOL!


  3. #3
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    loggin name for a mpc3502,is it just admin with no password?

    JDYAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunshine Beach Fl
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: loggin name for a mpc3502,is it just admin with no password?

    Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    When the machine is initially set up, it asks you to update the password for Admin and Supervisor. MOST techs will either leave it blank, or change the password to "admin". You could try either.

    If however the tech, or the company's I.T. people changed the password to something ELSE??.... Then, you're up a creek without a canoe....LOL!

    You gotta love when the I.T. people of a company change the passwords on all your machines in an office and then resign from said company....classic


  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    1,086
    Rep Power
    36

    Re: loggin name for a mpc3502,is it just admin with no password?

    thanks.
    I "assumed" when i set up the static IP address and it didnt tell me i couldn t.that machine wasnt on lockdown.
    I wish there was a service mode that puts everything back to default..

    I was under the mindset that you could revert the Supervisor password in the super service mode??


  5. #5
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    1,086
    Rep Power
    36

    Re: loggin name for a mpc3502,is it just admin with no password?

    Quote Originally Posted by JDYAL View Post
    You gotta love when the I.T. people of a company change the passwords on all your machines in an office and then resign from said company....classic
    IT seems I am seeing more and more of these on my lease returns i flip......Another thing to add to my checklist


  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    loggin name for a mpc3502,is it just admin with no password?

    guitar9199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Eveleth, MN
    Posts
    545
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: loggin name for a mpc3502,is it just admin with no password?

    Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    thanks.
    I "assumed" when i set up the static IP address and it didnt tell me i couldn t.that machine wasnt on lockdown.
    I wish there was a service mode that puts everything back to default..

    I was under the mindset that you could revert the Supervisor password in the super service mode??
    If you're able to log in under Supervisor, the only thing it will let do is change the Admin password, so you can give that a shot. If you can't, then you're likely going to have to replace the NVRAM.

    There probably IS a way to blank out the passwords.... I'm just not aware of it.


  7. #7
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    loggin name for a mpc3502,is it just admin with no password?


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,957
    Rep Power
    0

    Cool Re: loggin name for a mpc3502,is it just admin with no password?

    Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    If you're able to log in under Supervisor, the only thing it will let do is change the Admin password, so you can give that a shot. If you can't, then you're likely going to have to replace the NVRAM.

    There probably IS a way to blank out the passwords.... I'm just not aware of it.
    There is special SP mode login that allows you to reset the administrator login back to default ("admin" & password "blank")

    PM me if needed as public site it's frowned upon to post here.



  8. #8
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    8,543
    Rep Power
    185

    Re: loggin name for a mpc3502,is it just admin with no password?

    Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    When the machine is initially set up, it asks you to update the password for Admin and Supervisor. MOST techs will either leave it blank, or change the password to "admin". You could try either.

    If however the tech, or the company's I.T. people changed the password to something ELSE??.... Then, you're up a creek without a canoe....LOL!
    I believe that was not the case with c3002/c3502.


  9. #9
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    1,086
    Rep Power
    36

    Re: loggin name for a mpc3502,is it just admin with no password?

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    There is special SP mode login that allows you to reset the administrator login back to default ("admin" & password "blank")

    PM me if needed as public site it's frowned upon to post here.
    i have not returned to said account and know how to use "special SP mode...
    I am happy if said customer figured it out..............


  10. #10
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: loggin name for a mpc3502,is it just admin with no password?

    You need factory SP mode.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here