Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Exclamation toner for proc751

hi all

I am a maintenance technician for Ricoh devices .. I would like to ask whether there is a possibility of replacing the toner of this machine with a different quality, because the original toner is very expensive and not available ...for example currently there is some one using toner for mpc5501 in this machine this machine proc751
    With the change of some sp mode program , such as the temperature of the Heater and the amount of toner that feeds into the hopper or development unit .. how has experience with this supplication please help me

best regards

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: toner for proc751

Production machine, if you don’t use correct toner you will regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by en. View Post
    hi all

I am a maintenance technician for Ricoh devices .. I would like to ask whether there is a possibility of replacing the toner of this machine with a different quality, because the original toner is very expensive and not available ...for example currently there is some one using toner for mpc5501 in this machine this machine proc751
    With the change of some sp mode program , such as the temperature of the Heater and the amount of toner that feeds into the hopper or development unit .. how has experience with this supplication please help me

best regards
    Use the "Konica 8000 Toner" in a "Pro 901" printer but with time you lose "devolper"

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Seems like you wanna hack into it's system

I remember we had a tech and does MPC3003 toner cut open and pour it in C8002 toner box. He ended up servicing the PCDU every 5K

Do it at your own risk...

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    toner for proc751

Quote Originally Posted by en. View Post
    hi all I am a maintenance technician for Ricoh devices .. I would like to ask whether there is a possibility of replacing the toner of this machine with a different quality, because the original toner is very expensive and not available ...for example currently there is some one using toner for mpc5501 in this machine this machine proc751

best regards
    " I am a maintenance technician for Ricoh devices .."
    clearly not or you wouldn't asked the rest of your question. When you say " Maint Tech" with the rest, I have to think you are a.... " Key Operator " and not a Tech with a service manual.

" I would like to ask whether there is a possibility of replacing the toner of this machine with a different quality,"
    SURE! just EXPECT many more service calls on those units. WHY go with a lower quality output? Part Fouling... not only TONER but Dev Powder... SM/VM settings...

IF you WANT to try this... : 1) get the Service Manual 2) RTFM 3) FOLLOW the Service Manual 4) Enter at your OWN Risk.... -= In other words ... you are ASKING for trouble =-