Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts withnail's Avatar

MPC8002 giving SC381-01, 02, 03, 04

I have an 8002 which gives all four codes, I have replaced all 4 drum potential sensors and the power pack boards for KMCY units. The quality of the copies is perfect but when it performs a MUSIC calibration all four codes appear on the SMC but the code for the yellow unit SC381-04 appears on the display.

The manual only points to dirty or disconnected drum potential sensors but as these have been replaced, I'm thinking it might be to do with the charging side of things. The drums are 400k old and all other parts are well within life. As the quality is perfect otherwise I'm a little stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MPC8002 giving SC381-01, 02, 03, 04

Re: MPC8002 giving SC381-01, 02, 03, 04

Quote Originally Posted by withnail View Post
    I have an 8002 which gives all four codes, I have replaced all 4 drum potential sensors and the power pack boards for KMCY units. The quality of the copies is perfect but when it performs a MUSIC calibration all four codes appear on the SMC but the code for the yellow unit SC381-04 appears on the display.

The manual only points to dirty or disconnected drum potential sensors but as these have been replaced, I'm thinking it might be to do with the charging side of things. The drums are 400k old and all other parts are well within life. As the quality is perfect otherwise I'm a little stuck. Any help would be appreciated.
    I have replaced all 4 drum potential sensors and the power pack boards for KMCY units.

did you clear the errors in Service Mode? do those parts have counters that need to be cleared?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts withnail's Avatar

Thanks for being the only one to reply! Only the Y code would be visible on the display (SC381-04) but all other codes were listed on the SMC at the same time.

The fault was caused by the I/O board in the end.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Sc reset is only for fuser codes and no, potential sensor does not have a counter.