Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician
    Ricoh MPC 3503 won't login IT help

Question Ricoh MPC 3503 won't login IT help

A client acquired a low mileage Ricoh MPC 3503 (70,000 BW copies 4500 color ) from their bank.
    We think someone very very security conscience at the bank may changed the login and PW on the machine.
    Admin-none, Supervisor-none, Supervisor-Supervisor does not work for us to set up scanning or to login on the web page.
    We have decided (guessed) that if we format the hard drive, we will get the machine back to admin-none. Am I right in my guess or is there a way to simply reset the login and password? We work mainly with Sharp, Kyocera, Samung and are unfamiliar with the Ricoh series, MPC 3503.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MPC 3503 won't login IT help

Quote Originally Posted by vsluggo View Post
    A client acquired a low mileage Ricoh MPC 3503 (70,000 BW copies 4500 color ) from their bank.
    We think someone very very security conscience at the bank may changed the login and PW on the machine.
    Admin-none, Supervisor-none, Supervisor-Supervisor does not work for us to set up scanning or to login on the web page.
    We have decided (guessed) that if we format the hard drive, we will get the machine back to admin-none. Am I right in my guess or is there a way to simply reset the login and password? We work mainly with Sharp, Kyocera, Samung and are unfamiliar with the Ricoh series, MPC 3503.
    as far back as I can remember in Ricoh units .. there is a service mode to wipe and reinstall Admin/Service Passwords

go back over the manual

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Go into service mode and execute SP 5755-001 (Display Password Screen), cycle the machine, and when you turn it back on, it should give you the option to change supervisor and admin password.

Go into Factory mode, and execute SP 5846 -50 (Initialize all Addr. Book), then cycle the machine. I believe this will reset that initial password. Don't remember if it will help with the Web image monitor login though.

If either of those doesn't work, then you may need to get a new NVRAM for the machine.
    Last edited by FrohnB; 09-10-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Here in Oz all banks are setup to a super secure configuration, if you do not have access to ricoh tech support you cant access machine.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

To my knowledge the "03" series machines no longer have the ability for the Admin or Supervisor passwords if the are forgotten. The only way is with a new NVRAM. This is what I have been told by my District Service Manager.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

The first question is what can you get into. If service lock out is enables and you cannot log in as admin to turn it off, buying a new NVRam just might be your only option. The other consideration is to have your client contact their bank to have come by and clear the passwords for Supervisor and Admin.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

as with most Ricohs including the 03 range you can reset Admin and Supervisor passwords in factory mode
    I Used To Live To Fix Things Now i Fix Things To Live

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    as with most Ricohs including the 03 range you can reset Admin and Supervisor passwords in factory mode
    ...and it should not be posted in public
    Aye! Cut the crap

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    One question. If the customer has turned on service lockout can you get into factory mode?

Slim, I have an '03 series here in the shop. I turned ON Service mode lock, and was unable to enter ANY service/factory modes. So in answering your question, NO, you cannot get in with it locked out.