Ricoh MP C3002 paper problem

Have had an ongoing problem with an MP C3002, often when you print duplex. it sometimes makes compressed trails in the paper. Have tried to change the fusing unit, fusing motor, updated all firmware, tried to adjust pressure in the fusing unit, but the problem will not go away. Any tips?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP C3002 paper problem

Check the discharge teeth on the PTR, some of them may be stuck up.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Paper Transfer/Seperation unit? Checked the teeths there, but can`t say I see something unusual. Yesterday I also changed the machine, moved all Pcu`s, Transferbelt and Fusing unit over to the other machine, it did well the first hundred prints, but then it suddenly was on a couple of sheets again.
    Will try now with an other Fusing unit and Transfer unit, and test a little again.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Try ptr partno. D1446205.
    Greetings...

Changed the Fuser and the Transfer unit yesterday, tested it most of the day, had no problems at all. Took the machine to the customer today, and the first set i printed booklet/duplex test failed. Well I have to order the modified PTR unit anyway, so I am going to change that and do some more testing again.

Technician

Happens even if you print one side?
    If happens only when using duplex , clean all rollers in duplex ( paper gets like that because it doesnt get in the fuser straight ) Also check if the white plastic rollers (...)
    Also try different paper .

It has always happend like this in Duplex, the customer has claimed that it altso have happend at 1 occation at normal print. We have done a complete change of the machine, only the ARDF and the Pcu/Dev units is from the old machine. We have altso used different paper types, but it`s still the same. But I understand the problem, and will do a complete check of the paper trail in Duplex unit, both rubber and plastic roller, clean up everything and do a new test.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Something to check, The transfer/ sep unit that resides on the right hand door, has some driven rollers on the back side of it, we have had these bind up, or completely become dislodged (usually accompanied by a squeak/ screech sound when first started up.

Also, towards the top of that right-hand door, is a guide (with white ribs on it) PN-D1444481, that becomes warped over time because it resides right by the fuser when the door is closed, have had this cause issues like that (usually accompanied by a "fluttering" sound when the paper passes, also can cause jams).

If neither of those, then check the duplex "pawl gates" PNs - D0094577/ D0294482 for broken teeth, if they have a broken tooth, just file it down smooth.

Hi :
    You have been able to solve it.
    I have been with this problem in several machines for some time.
    I think it has to do with ambient humidity
    a machine that fails will change it to a client that never fails.
    to the client that failed him with the machine that never failed the first problem appeared.

if someone knows how to cancel the humidity and temperature sensor I would appreciate it

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mgofimat View Post
    Hi :
    You have been able to solve it.
    I have been with this problem in several machines for some time.
    I think it has to do with ambient humidity
    a machine that fails will change it to a client that never fails.
    to the client that failed him with the machine that never failed the first problem appeared.

if someone knows how to cancel the humidity and temperature sensor I would appreciate it
    This thread is from over a year ago and therefore considered dead and buried. Start a new thread with full details of the problem grave digger.