Thread: Ricoh MP 7502

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh MP 7502

One of my customers has a Ricoh MP 7502, they say that in the middle of copying the copier will stop, go into please wait and display copier is warming up. It takes up to 5 minutes to warm up. It continues to feed the rest of originals. This happens randomly. I have checked and adjusted sp's for fuser temperature, doesn't seem to effect it. Also no sc are racked up. Any insights? Thanks in advance.

worker drone 250+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP 7502

Look at the bulletin on undertoning, overtoning, etc. There are some sp settings for a toner refresh mode. It will be enabled and that is what it is doing during that time.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 7502

Something else to check into are the paper sensors. I had one where the Cassette 1 paper out sensor would hang JUST enough to make the machine think it was out of paper...even though the tray was full, and the customer would have to press the start button again to continue their job.

Hopefully I saved you a few days worth of anxiety there....LOL!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    Look at the bulletin on undertoning, overtoning, etc. There are some sp settings for a toner refresh mode. It will be enabled and that is what it is doing during that time.
    Thanks, they are an hour away so I'll do that next time over.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 7502

Have you checked that all the fuser lamps are working? It seems like it is struggling to maintain temperature. Also check the fuser plug and socket are clear of paper and the fuser is going fully home. Toner and paper dust build up on the thermisters are also a big problem on this model and benefit from a regular cleaning.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 7502

If the fuser is OK, Check the potential sensor in the PCU for dust or bad connection. Good luck!

Enviado desde mi SM-G920V mediante Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Have you checked that all the fuser lamps are working? It seems like it is struggling to maintain temperature. Also check the fuser plug and socket are clear of paper and the fuser is going fully home. Toner and paper dust build up on the thermisters are also a big problem on this model and benefit from a regular cleaning.
    I had already cleaned, replaced thermistors, then a new fuser. Copier is fairly low meter +- 50K. Today I went over there and turned off the refresh SP. We'll see what happens.

Technician

i experienced something similar with aficio 1075 once.. after about a month i found out one of the lamps was out. i would attribute it to the lamps. check the lamps.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 7502

Hi Wester, I'm wondering if you found out what the problem was. I have a customer with the same model, exact symptoms, also far away and hoping to save a couple of trips. Thanks