Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ricoh Machines All Series Feedback

Hello guys !
    I would like to share and talk with all of you if you have the same feedback that me about Ricoh machines ...
    In the last years I work with all Ricoh colour machines and since MPC2500 to MPC 03 Series Ricoh brand its better in some things and worst in anothers ...
    MPC2500/2800/2050/3001 Series good quality , we can put cheap parts some plastic's issues ,pumps problems , MPC2051/02 Series they fix all problems from earlier series but put a s*** fuser sleeve but the quality seems good , 03 Series quality not soo good has previous versions , some plastic problems again to stay lighter to delivery to clients xD fuser sleeve s*** , better aspect but PARTS price really high ... 04 Series never tried yeat but I ear some bad feedbacks about them but the aspect its briliant.
    Im woundering what will happen in the next Ricoh models ...
    Im KM tech too (But most of all I work with Ricoh machines) , Im wondering in the future start to sell most KM insede of RICOH. Ricoh its allways in back compare to KM has "Send counters to email" for example , MPS Control Copy in RICOH in the back was a payed service.
    Can you share you opinion please ...
    Regards

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Machines All Series Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by fadsamniote View Post
    Hello guys !
    I would like to share and talk with all of you if you have the same feedback that me about Ricoh machines ...
    In the last years I work with all Ricoh colour machines and since MPC2500 to MPC 03 Series Ricoh brand its better in some things and worst in anothers ...
    MPC2500/2800/2050/3001 Series good quality , we can put cheap parts some plastic's issues ,pumps problems , MPC2051/02 Series they fix all problems from earlier series but put a s*** fuser sleeve but the quality seems good , 03 Series quality not soo good has previous versions , some plastic problems again to stay lighter to delivery to clients xD fuser sleeve s*** , better aspect but PARTS price really high ... 04 Series never tried yeat but I ear some bad feedbacks about them but the aspect its briliant.
    Im woundering what will happen in the next Ricoh models ...
    Im KM tech too (But most of all I work with Ricoh machines) , Im wondering in the future start to sell most KM insede of RICOH. Ricoh its allways in back compare to KM has "Send counters to email" for example , MPS Control Copy in RICOH in the back was a payed service.
    Can you share you opinion please ...
    Regards
    For me having gone thru working on analogs where power supplies were mounted under the fuser unit,and having either HYTEC or a batch of power supplies
    at the ready,servicing machines that rarely blow boards matters...
    I find most Ricohs reliable and stay away from models considered heDAches,ie the mpc305..
    I have done a few KM but find them to be tanks and really dont want to have to stock more parts,toner,manuals etc etc..
    If ONe calls me on an odd model I really think twice do i want to teach myself on a model that i might only see every 3 years.
    As for parts cost I try to keep "parts machines" where i can pull a drum unit,fuser unit or other when needed.
    It depends what is available where you are too.

Technician

I find that Ricoh color machines starting at the 20cpm are good machines. The latest black and white machines have over complicated drum/dev units. I would also stay away from any of the cartridge machines unless you only do 3yr and low volume leases. They are not serious machines. aka, customer could do better a office depot. Well that's my 2 cents.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

The biggest problems I have had with Ricoh is that frequently are not used properly. Customers seem to expect entry level machines to work like mid level model or buy a high volume color machine to do 20K a month.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

What I Like in RICOH Colour machines (I dont use B&W machines because I use KYOCERA doing that but RICOH B&W have a better BLACK than KYOCERA who looks more GRAY but I tell customers that but they just want a machine working soo no big deal).
    A RICOH drum makes more if we want and than we expect , for example MPC2050 makes 100k intsde of 60k why ?! At 70k +/- I buy a LUB BAR in China for 10$ and makes another round . Soo for 80$ I have a drum who makes 100k. (Cheaper used machine who works perfectly for a low/mid client) and we could earn some good money If we buy good toner , not original , not katun , not integral , other brand that I cannot tell sorry.
    MPC3002 takes a MP2500/MPC2800 drums and its a recent machine. But how I said , stupid plastic parts and clients break parts and say that broke by inself lol !!!.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The biggest problems I have had with Ricoh is that frequently are not used properly. Customers seem to expect entry level machines to work like mid level model or buy a high volume color machine to do 20K a month.
    A lot of times it’s because they were mis-sold.

Some salesmen are afraid of coming in too high, or they cave under customer pressure, and sell machines that simply aren’t fit for their intended purpose.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fadsamniote View Post
    What I Like in RICOH Colour machines (I dont use B&W machines because I use KYOCERA doing that but RICOH B&W have a better BLACK than KYOCERA who looks more GRAY but I tell customers that but they just want a machine working soo no big deal).
    A RICOH drum makes more if we want and than we expect , for example MPC2050 makes 100k intsde of 60k why ?! At 70k +/- I buy a LUB BAR in China for 10$ and makes another round . Soo for 80$ I have a drum who makes 100k. (Cheaper used machine who works perfectly for a low/mid client) and we could earn some good money If we buy good toner , not original , not katun , not integral , other brand that I cannot tell sorry.
    MPC3002 takes a MP2500/MPC2800 drums and its a recent machine. But how I said , stupid plastic parts and clients break parts and say that broke by inself lol !!!.
    Had I known about getting lube bars I could have gotten a lot more distance out of a PCU. As it was I usually got at least 10 to 20 K extra before lube bar wore too far. As for toner, most techs here know that NA Trading toner is as good and some times better than Ricoh. It is also almost as expensive.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts emiliorsg's Avatar

Ricoh machines increasingly have more plastic components and less metal. One of the main problems that I see in the machines is that the fusers are worse as the generations pass, due to the saving of energy. The fat fusers of the first digital and analog machines did not give problems of image quality just like now.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emiliorsg View Post
    Ricoh machines increasingly have more plastic components and less metal. One of the main problems that I see in the machines is that the fusers are worse as the generations pass, due to the saving of energy. The fat fusers of the first digital and analog machines did not give problems of image quality just like now.
    Energy savings has little to do with it. ROHS compliance is the main culprit. ROHS = Reduction Of Hazardous Substance.