Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 75
  1. #11
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Codex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sicily
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    For as lomg as I can remember, black smudges on the first copy are an indication that it is far beyond PCU PM. A spot on the drum is not properly taking a charge. By the second page there is sufficient charge buildup. Include a new drum when you do the PM.
    I changed the drum from a working machine... But still the same problem

    Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

  2. #12
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    8,602
    Rep Power
    186

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    I swapped both charge assys from a working machine.... Still the same problem after a week...... I'm sure it's not a fuser problem

    Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Quit f***ing swapping parts and start replacing with new. I would include the connector for the corona and the HVPS.

  3. #13
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    8,602
    Rep Power
    186

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    I changed the drum from a working machine... But still the same problem

    Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    What part of new do you not understand.

  4. #14
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    JDYAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunshine Beach Fl
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    Check the power packs- ppg ang cgb

  5. #15
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    2,934
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    Does the smudge appear when coping through the ADF only ,off the platen glass only , print only?

    Do you have an sample copy for the different times the problem occurred?
    Lets say a sample of the fault for Monday, and a sample of the fault for Friday.
    Can you overlay the sample copies one on top of the other, hold them up to the light; is the fault blurb an exact match ?
    If the blurbs are an exact match you can rule out insects or rodents moving around in the optics.

    I would lean toward quenching lamps/laser.
    Maybe paper dust build up behind the rego roller???

    The above might jog a light bulb in someone.
    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

  6. #16
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts exCSER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Murrieta,Ca.
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    Hey I don't work on that particular model, but just to throw it out there: because one edge of the smudge looks straight, maybe part of the smudge has been cleaned by the drum blade, and if so, could it be on the drum after printing. Therefore, caused by a blanking lamp (or whatever it is referred to in that model). Charge not being completely eliminated from the drum? Just a thought.

  7. #17
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Codex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sicily
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    What part of new do you not understand.
    Of course we have all new parts... But first i want to understand the problem, to change the faulty part with an new one. The drum i've swapped have 100k clicks.

    Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

  8. #18
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Codex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sicily
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Does the smudge appear when coping through the ADF only ,off the platen glass only , print only?

    Do you have an sample copy for the different times the problem occurred?
    Lets say a sample of the fault for Monday, and a sample of the fault for Friday.
    Can you overlay the sample copies one on top of the other, hold them up to the light; is the fault blurb an exact match ?
    If the blurbs are an exact match you can rule out insects or rodents moving around in the optics.

    I would lean toward quenching lamps/laser.
    Maybe paper dust build up behind the rego roller???

    The above might jog a light bulb in someone.
    The smudge appear in print and copy, it's ever on the same "line", but not on the same place, if i overlay two sheets the blurb doesn't match. If you look the fotos there are taken at different days

    Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

  9. #19
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    8,602
    Rep Power
    186

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    The smudge appear in print and copy, it's ever on the same "line", but not on the same place, if i overlay two sheets the blurb doesn't match. If you look the fotos there are taken at different days

    Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    My guess is that the smudges are roughly the same distance from the front edge of the drum. Since you say it does it with 2 different drums, I would say that the smudge from the two drums are not the exact same size, shape and distance from the front edge. They are smudges on the surface of the drums caused by mishandling the drum when first installing, possibly a palm print. Tje straight line on one edge of the smudge is from the edge of the protective paper that is wrapped around a new drum.

  10. #20
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Codex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sicily
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    My guess is that the smudges are roughly the same distance from the front edge of the drum. Since you say it does it with 2 different drums, I would say that the smudge from the two drums are not the exact same size, shape and distance from the front edge. They are smudges on the surface of the drums caused by mishandling the drum when first installing, possibly a palm print. Tje straight line on one edge of the smudge is from the edge of the protective paper that is wrapped around a new drum.
    The smudges doesn't match each other but they are exactly on the same height on the sheet... The strange thing is they appear for some copies... Than disappear for days or sometimes weeks... And then back again.... Without touching or removing the pcu unit

    Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here