Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Codex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sicily
    Posts
    396
    Rep Power
    25

    Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    Hello guys
    I have an Mp9000 thats driving me crazy... It seems the machine is possesed by the devil. Randomly a smudge appears on the first copies /prints.... Ever on the same height on the sheet but not on the same place, then after two or three xopies/prints the smudge disappears for days or sometimes for weeks..... I've swapped the following from a working machine : drum, cleaning assy, development unit, pcu frame, laser diode, polygon motor, transfer unit...... But the problem still occurs....

    Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

    Memento Audere Semper

  2. #2
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts dave w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    west sussex
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    Have you looked at the Transfer Belt?


  3. #3
    Senior Tech 1,000+ Posts
    Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    mikadonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    2,114
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    You might try a new charge assembly, kinda looks like a charge problem and you didnt say you replaced it. It doesn't look like a fusing issue,either.

    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

  4. #4
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    8,471
    Rep Power
    183

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    For as lomg as I can remember, black smudges on the first copy are an indication that it is far beyond PCU PM. A spot on the drum is not properly taking a charge. By the second page there is sufficient charge buildup. Include a new drum when you do the PM.


  5. #5
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    2,773
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Hello guys
    I have an Mp9000 thats driving me crazy... It seems the machine is possesed by the devil. Randomly a smudge appears on the first copies /prints.... Ever on the same height on the sheet but not on the same place, then after two or three xopies/prints the smudge disappears for days or sometimes for weeks..... I've swapped the following from a working machine : drum, cleaning assy, development unit, pcu frame, laser diode, polygon motor, transfer unit...... But the problem still occurs....

    Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Why do people make this job harder than they need to?
    you swapped all those parts and NOT the FUSER? think about WHAT put toner on the page or BONDS it to the page!


  6. #6
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    JDYAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunshine Beach Fl
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    I'm with Mika looks like a charge problem. I see this on wide format when the charge corona starts to go, and its intermittent.


  7. #7
    Technician
    Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    eccelobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    X3 charge corona. It happened to me.

    Enviado desde mi SM-G920V mediante Tapatalk


  8. #8
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Codex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sicily
    Posts
    396
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    I swapped both charge assys from a working machine.... Still the same problem after a week...... I'm sure it's not a fuser problem

    Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

    Memento Audere Semper

  9. #9
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Codex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sicily
    Posts
    396
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Why do people make this job harder than they need to?
    you swapped all those parts and NOT the FUSER? think about WHAT put toner on the page or BONDS it to the page!
    I'm sure its not a fuser problem

    Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

    Memento Audere Semper

  10. #10
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Codex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sicily
    Posts
    396
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Mp 9000 random smudge... I'm gone mad!

    Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    I'm sure its not a fuser problem

    Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    It looks lime some electrical discharge

    Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

    Memento Audere Semper

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here