Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    FYI: Not an "OFFICIAL" fix, but it works....

Good Afternoon True Believers,

We just retrieved an MP 3053 from a fairly abusive environment... (3 broken bridge unit covers, one broken finisher cover, 3 broken fuser pressure arms, etc...) and when I opened the right door, I noticed the duplex assembly was broken at the front tab as well. Some people are just ROUGH on equipment!!

While I'm contemplating all the parts I'm needing to remove and replace to make it a runner again, I spot this MP 2352 (blown main controller due to lightning) in our boneyard, and the right door looks exactly the same as my 3053!!

I contacted the help desk, and they tell me they are NOT compatible doors!!

..... I look at them again, check all the connectors and mounting points, measurements, and I thought "What the heck... Let's try it anyway!"

...it works!! By Gawr it WORKS!!

Now, I'm NOT suggesting you start looking around your parts machines to try this experiment yourself....

....but if you find yourself in a pinch??

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: FYI: Not an "OFFICIAL" fix, but it works....

hi
    I ve done that with the mpc2050 by using a mpc2551 whole right door.
    I just micky moused a mpc2800 upper right door guide assembly wth my hot glue gun and was hoping
    i could part out a right door that was laying around but it is a mpc3501 and its a bit different.
    I am contemplating trying to use sorters from the mpc4502 on my mpc3502s i need to place but have not tried it yet

Retired 10,000+ Posts

When it comes to covers, a different number in the parts catalog is not an indication the they won't fit. It could just be a minor difference in color. Very common with the pre-SD card B/W model to slightly change cover colors.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Wouldn't you luv to have a cross reference database for all the machine parts that fit from one model (or make) to the next ?

I started compiling such a database for a lot of different makes and model of machines but I never finished the software. The software went as far as decoding the PDF manual which then input scalable vector graphics into a searchable database, but that was as far as I got, I have not done anything further with it.

I know there are a lot of older out dated model machines that have similar physical parts as newer model machines.

....Oh well ... you never know, I might get a jolt of enthusiasm to finish it.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Wouldn't you luv to have a cross reference database for all the machine parts that fit from one model (or make) to the next ?

I started compiling such a database for a lot of different makes and model of machines but I never finished the software. The software went as far as decoding the PDF manual which then input scalable vector graphics into a searchable database, but that was as far as I got, I have not done anything further with it.

I know there are a lot of older out dated model machines that have similar physical parts as newer model machines.

....Oh well ... you never know, I might get a jolt of enthusiasm to finish it.
    you will never see that,nor the same idea when it comes to toners crossing over.
    It all comes out to greed and $$$$$...I would love to recycle more parts,sorters,ADF s etc which I do but would
    be nice to have it cross many other models.And the danm color toner chip thing pisses me off,or secret tabs like using
    mpc2050 black on a mpc2551 black...that is why i like this forum