Thread: B/W printers

service technician 50+ Posts

B/W printers

Is there a set way to enter the sp mode on the black and white printers or is it different depending on the models. if someone can pm the procedure i would be grateful.
    Thanks

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Re: B/W printers

depending on the models, there are sets of combinations ( 107, up+down #, # while power on...) you can search some of them in this forum.
    Aye! Cut the crap

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    B/W printers

Quote Originally Posted by K-3 View Post
    Is there a set way to enter the sp mode on the black and white printers or is it different depending on the models. if someone can pm the procedure i would be grateful.
    Thanks
    it is clearly stated in SM.. do you have that? I wouldn't go mucking around in Service Mode unless you have the manual and know what you are changing

phil i have the service manual on b/w sp3600dn model M171 and on page 113 of pdf for manual it states to see your supervisor on how to enter sp mode, as we just became a full line ricoh dealer in may i am trying to learn the different ways to enter sp modes on the different models. That is why i ask if there was a set way to enter sp modes or what ways to enter sp modes that may not be in the service manuals.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    B/W printers

phil i have the service manual on b/w sp3600dn model M171 and on page 113 of pdf for manual it states to see your supervisor on how to enter sp mode, as we just became a full line ricoh dealer in may i am trying to learn the different ways to enter sp modes on the different models. That is why i ask if there was a set way to enter sp modes or what ways to enter sp modes that may not be in the service manuals.
    For most recent printer models you have to take the training course to get the information. I believe that for the models that you mentioned it is online self paced training. If you live in the US, you need to enroll in the Ricoh Learning Institute. For now, your supervisor would be your regional dealer service rep.

As someone else asked...what are you wanting to change in sp ?
    Tell us the issue maybe we can help?
    Getting into service mode on these is pretty easy but we pretty much need to know what the problem is first.

not a problem with the printer yet, but wanted to print out the 5990 info to have in case something happens in the future.thanks thou!

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    B/W printers

Need a model number, as they are different. Since you are a Ricoh dealer now you will have access to TSRC to download manuals and such. You will probably end up on this site frequently since you just started on Ricohs. You may want to edit your personal profile to the correct information. It will give you a little more credibility to the seniors on this site, and they will be more apt to lend a hand when you are stuck on a repair.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING