Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ITguy

enabling @remote

Most of my copiers have @remote enabled, 2 don't. I found a website that says I have to login to a ricoh support site to get a request number. One of the copiers has a request number but has a status of not programmed. If I click on Confirm I get Error Paramter error(s) has occurred. Please call service for instructions. The other copier has no request number. I went to the ricoh support site, but I don't have a username or password and there is no registration link. I don't like the idea of paying Ricoh $500 ($250 per copier) to come out to do it, especially since it looks to be so easy. What is a good way to get @remote enabled on my 2 copiers?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: enabling @remote

That is why there are Ricoh trained techs. If you poke around in SP mode you could kill your machines.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    That is why there are Ricoh trained techs. If you poke around in SP mode you could kill your machines.
    exactly correct. they will also be able to troubleshoot any setup issues.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

It could be easy to do but then depending on the devices and what @remote services are available other values might need checking and settings adjusted or features set up. Also, the firmware may need updating to optimise both the readings from @remote and improve the reliability of @remote or possibly enable newer features.

Put it this way I know of a lot of fellow techs who say oh setting up @remote is easy 5 minute job then they get the device at a location with an issue and wished they gone to that return to fit call instead.

It's like most of us techs we could set up a PC for your company network as well as you could possibly following a guide or two, but when the out of the ordinary happens we will soon be asking an IT guy like you for help.

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

IMO, @remote access is for ricoh partners like us. When we generate a request number and install it on the compatible device, we can monitor and get alerts from it.
    We use @remote for proactive measures (supplying toners, updating firmwares, counters for billing purpose).
    You have to contact your local dealer to get it connected..that is if they have availed the services.

B/R
    Aye! Cut the crap

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    enabling @remote

When I tried to view ITguy's I get the following: This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    When I tried to view ITguy's I get the following: This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view.
    What a surprise...not.

And quite likely to be the only post he ever makes on CTN. One "unidentified" post, wanting something for free.

Why is it that these "troll type" questions seem to generate more responses (at least in general) than they should?

"To the Pit of Misery! Dilly! Dilly!"
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins