Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Richo MPC4504ex with Papercut - will not display a new scan location add address book

Any help please

At a customer who have a new Ricoh MPC4504ex With PaperCut installed.

The MFP will not display any new address entries in the main scan to Folder list (not the papercut menu).

I can edit a previous listing and that will show but will not show any new address book entries.

updating fw as I type this, Is there anything im missing?

Thanks in advace
    Dave w

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Richo MPC4504ex with Papercut - will not display a new scan location add address book

Re: Richo MPC4504ex with Papercut - will not display a new scan location add address

Did you check the "Add to Frequent Users" box?

Re: Richo MPC4504ex with Papercut - will not display a new scan location add address

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Did you check the "Add to Frequent Users" box?
    Hi
    Yes and also in the Title 1 .

update
    can now add a address from the address book managment on the panel and can see in scan to folder, but still not via browser

Also noticed out of 70 email address only 3 can be seen.
    Last edited by dave w; 10-12-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Are you adding them through the Web Image Monitor, or standing at the control panel?

Technician

You have to remove all authentication from the device (administrator, custom, network etc), then add your entries to the address book, then turn back on all the authentication again.

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Maybe "Key Display" is not entered when adding a name from Web Image Monitor.

Doing it from the operation panel automatically adds the "Key Display"
    Aye! Cut the crap

Many thanks for your help guys.

Update

Standing in front of the machine and adding the scan to folder address is all there appart from the folder authentication (user name and password) that seems to be missing.
    But when you do add a test address it is via the smart panel it's seen in both PaperCut and the MFP scan to folder page.

When adding the address book via WIM all looks correct but when you stand infront of the MFP the folder info is not there.

As a work arround I edited a old address in the address book they did not use from WIM and that did work.

Spoke to Ricoh-PaparCut and they are looking into it, It seems that the new Smart Operation Panel machines are a new development for Papercut as they normaly load PaperCut via Java and the process is diffrent with the new Smart Operation Panel devices.

Thanks Sparks45

I have taken note and will keep that in mind when I return
    Many thanks aging

Dave w

Technician

it is a known limitation with the new PaperCut embedded on the SOP's, removing all the authenitcation and adding the entries into the address book will work, i have had to do this at a few customers. you may even need to remove PaperCut also, although i didnt need to last time i did it.

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Many thanks for your help guys.

Update

Standing in front of the machine and adding the scan to folder address is all there appart from the folder authentication (user name and password) that seems to be missing.
    But when you do add a test address it is via the smart panel it's seen in both PaperCut and the MFP scan to folder page.

When adding the address book via WIM all looks correct but when you stand infront of the MFP the folder info is not there.

As a work arround I edited a old address in the address book they did not use from WIM and that did work.

Spoke to Ricoh-PaparCut and they are looking into it, It seems that the new Smart Operation Panel machines are a new development for Papercut as they normaly load PaperCut via Java and the process is diffrent with the new Smart Operation Panel devices.

Thanks Sparks45

I have taken note and will keep that in mind when I return
    Many thanks aging

Dave w

Even on other print management softwares, the embedded installer is different for SOP. That is why we still use the classic applications instead of the new apps that come with SOP
    Aye! Cut the crap

Quote Originally Posted by sparks45 View Post
    You have to remove all authentication from the device (administrator, custom, network etc), then add your entries to the address book, then turn back on all the authentication again.
    this is the correct answer and what i do when this issue occurs.