Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Blueish scans c5502

Blueish scans c5502

Hello, All. Here's the deal. I printed a cofig page from my old black and white HP 4050, and then scanned the sheet from a C5502. Scan set at 300dpi, full color. When I looked in my scans folder, I noticed it was blue/red at the top. Optics are clean. I'm not sure what is causing this. If I scan that same original from the glass, the blue disappears, but the red remains. Again, these are scans from a black and white original with the c5502 machine set to color or auto detect on scans.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Blueish scans c5502

Re: Blueish scans c5502

Is it the operator side or rear side that the defect is showing on? Either way, it seems like the lamp is "flickering" or maybe hitting some resistance on the Scanner rail. Or I've had some weird things similar to this happen because of the weight being put down on the scanner/ADF over time, usually just give it a good "tug" in the upward direction and see if that helps.

Have you tried B/W or Auto Color Select.?

EDIT: Didn't see that you said ADF, so disregard the scanner rail theory.
    Last edited by FrohnB; 10-12-2018 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Dumb question/ comment

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Blueish scans c5502

Any outside light able to get in? I had something similar problem with a warped ADF. Customer had lifted the ADF to far and it wouldn't close properly letting in a small amount of light.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Blueish scans c5502

Ok, it's fixed. A dry wipe was insufficient for the optics. I cleaned them again with expensive glass cleaner. Each time the scans looked a little better. After the third time, the issue was resolved. The optics LOOKED very clean from the beginning, and I got zero residue on my cleaning cloth even after 3 cleanings, but it took care of it. Life is good. Everyone have a great weekend.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING