Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Savin 9050 shifts the copies over 65mm thru ADF letter R

I have this Savin 9050 that all of a sudden is shifting the image over about 65mm. This only happens on letter R (that is, short side of the document in the ADF first) and with legal as well. This is an apartment complex so they run letter and legal a lot. If you put letter in sideways, it goes through and copies just fine. Lay letter or legal on the glass and it copies just fine. I haven't worked too much on Ricoh machines and we just inherited this machine as part of a deal. I have a Ricoh MP5000 manual, but after searching through it, I could only glean was that the ADF is a DP3010. I cannot figure out how to make any adjustments and I cannot see any reference to this kind of problem. Any help to set me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Savin 9050 shifts the copies over 65mm thru ADF letter R

On the ADF check the mechanism that opens the registration rollers when the top is opened to remove a jam. If the rear pair of driven rollers ic binding slightly open, it could cause this.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Savin 9050 shifts the copies over 65mm thru ADF letter R

Thank you for the information. It pointed me in the right direction. I had no idea there was a series of actuators in the ADF that determined paper size. In the case of this ADF, they were all broken off. I mean all of them. I had never seen this type of ADF so I didn't know what I was looking at. The book I have didn't help as well. Thanks again.

Sam