Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Do you think a wireless card from a mpc 3002 will work on a spc830dn printer?

Greetings
    For some reason i sold a spc830dn to an account who cannot run a wire to their router.
    I have a used pull wireless adapter wth the two big white plastic antennas that i pulled from a mpc 3002.
    Most of the frame,drums,etc and layout look the same.
    I am not familiar with any previous ricoh wireless options so
    I need to know is it worth installing? do i have to do any service mode changes?
    And is it easy to configure once installed? Can a semi tech savvy customer configure it with instructions give?
    thanks

Re: Do you think a wireless card from a mpc 3002 will work on a spc830dn printer?

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    Greetings
    For some reason i sold a spc830dn to an account who cannot run a wire to their router.
    I have a used pull wireless adapter wth the two big white plastic antennas that i pulled from a mpc 3002.
    Most of the frame,drums,etc and layout look the same.
    I am not familiar with any previous ricoh wireless options so
    I need to know is it worth installing? do i have to do any service mode changes?
    And is it easy to configure once installed? Can a semi tech savvy customer configure it with instructions give?
    thanks
    I just checked the PSG's, they are not the same. c3002 uses Type J and c830dn uses Type L

Hope this helps
    "Heavy music to the normal ear is nothing but a loud annoyance. Most people think of it as obnoxious, talentless music but to someone who really listens and is really in love with music knows how beautiful and amazing it can be" Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried and Me"

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Do you think a wireless card from a mpc 3002 will work on a spc830dn printer?

get a wireless extender. easier to set up and more effective.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Here is just one of the many range extenders available on the internet. Even at full price of $49.99, it is much much less expensive than Ricoh's internal adapter and easier to use. Add a 5-port network switch and you can connect multiple devices.

Amazon.com: NETGEAR AC750 WiFi Range Extender (EX3700-100NAS): Computers & Accessories

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

x3 on the range extender.
    I've installed dozens for use with all sorts of models, and never had an issue.
    2 minute setup.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The ricoh wireless cards are fairly easy to set up, i have done quite a few. But, they are a piece of junk, a device like suggested is much better.

ok
    thanks
    i was just trying to turn my old junk into $$$$$$..
    but it is not worth the headaches if it doesnt do as needed.
    thanks all.

just a last question.
    Does it matter being connected to a mac laptop?
    i would assume no..

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    just a last question.
    Does it matter being connected to a mac laptop?
    i would assume no..
    No. It's really no different than connecting ANY wireless device to wifi network, and of course, as long as the C3002 has P/S which I'm sure you know

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    No. It's really no different than connecting ANY wireless device to wifi network, and of course, as long as the C3002 has P/S which I'm sure you know
    yes on the PS3 card..
    thanks