Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AF-2105 w/sc495

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    AF-2105 w/sc495

The vast majority of the time I've seen this the tubes have been clogged - I've seen the white inner lining of the hose separate and bubble and cause a lot of headaches - the hose seems clear until you put it back in the machine. I've been getting bulk automotive vacuum hose from car parts stores to use when I replace it - there is no lining to bubble, and the hose if more rigid so it won't collapse. It is slightly more difficult to run through all the nooks and crannies, but I've never had to mess with it again once I put it in (as long as I replace the toner pump about ever 2M) In some machines it also helps to swap the upper and lower hose on the "cup"

One more modification - the tube for the transport coil has a nasty habbit of coming loose at the toner bank - the machine dumps massive amounts of toner before anybody notices it... A tight cable tie around the tube is a must

Service Manager 100+ Posts
    AF-2105 w/sc495

Re: AF-2105 w/sc495

Been reading the info regarding the code and plugged hoses, and appreciate the insightful resposes. Hoses were plugged - I found two hoses that go into dev unit, very short and the long one - both were plugged so badly with toner that I had a hard time removing the hardened toner. I thought i had the tiger by the tail, but machine still wouldn't feed toner into dev unit.
    After checking all the other hoses, and the one in the back - the long one with metal coil going from toner supply to the upper rear left side where small container is - cleaned it all up. Checked toner supply motor + coil casing area. All good. But I hit a snag when trying to remove toner bottle in order to clean toner supply unit - I simply can't remove one of the toner bottles. It's stuck, even when I push the green button - how to I manipulate the bottle to remove it?
    I need to get into toner bank unit to clean it up completely but I can't remove toner bottle. Any help would be appreciated...

CopierJanitor/Geargluer 50+ Posts skinnypuppy's Avatar

turn machine on press the power button on the top of the machine. Not the main power. You will hear a click that is the toner lock being released. Remove toner bottles shut machine off with the main power button

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar

maybe you just need to do the toner bank setup, that could be your problem, no toner in circuit, canīt remember the SP no service manual at hand, but its worth a check. there is also a toner bottle release SP.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Service Manager 100+ Posts
    AF-2105 w/sc495

I did toner setup, will try to find toner bottle release in SP.
    One confusing thing: close toner bottle cap. In sp mode: Is 'off' closed or open?