Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    2,850
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: cant find the hard drive info on my parts manual???

    If the HDD is still working plug the HDD into any PC computer SATA slot.


    How to get HDD size information:
    -----------------------------------------

    From the windows CMD prompt type in :

    wmic diskdrive list brief <enter>


    Alternatively you could use:

    From the windows CMD prompt type in :
    diskpart <enter>
    list disk <enter>



    How to clean/wipe a corrupt HDD. (WARNING : Use at your own risk)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    diskpart <enter>
    list disk <enter>
    select disk "your volume number here" <enter>
    clean all <enter>

    **** """CLEAN ALL""" will write zero's to every track on the HDD *****

    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

  2. #12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: cant find the hard drive info on my parts manual???

    I belive this is the part you looking for.D146_D147_EXP_V2.18 199.pdf


  3. #13
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts DRichard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: cant find the hard drive info on my parts manual???

    Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    If you are talking about lease return machines that may have had HDD removed, beware they probably took the mounting brackets and cables as well. Most modern machines any 2.5 SATA drive over 120GB will work.
    You are so right. THAT is why our agreements stipulate that our techs are the ones to remove the HDDs and then hand them over to the concerned parties. We can then replace the drives as we need to.


  4. #14
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    8,545
    Rep Power
    185

    Re: cant find the hard drive info on my parts manual???

    Quote Originally Posted by DRichard View Post
    You are so right. THAT is why our agreements stipulate that our techs are the ones to remove the HDDs and then hand them over to the concerned parties. We can then replace the drives as we need to.
    I believe that is also Ricoh's published policy.


  5. #15
    Just a tech 100+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: cant find the hard drive info on my parts manual???

    Just got the SSD 250GB Laptop HDD from amazon. I will try with the 03 series if it works well.

    Aye! Cut the crap

  6. #16
    Just a tech 100+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: cant find the hard drive info on my parts manual???

    Quote Originally Posted by keithxxiii View Post
    Just got the SSD 250GB Laptop HDD from amazon. I will try with the 03 series if it works well.
    sorry for hijacking this thread.. but the ssd works just fine

    Aye! Cut the crap

  7. #17
    Junior Member safwat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    toronto, ON
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: cant find the hard drive info on my parts manual???

    Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    hi
    I am looking to find out they type and size hard drive for a possible machine to purchase.
    I looked thru all the electrical and accessory pages in my parts manual and saw no hard drive listed..
    Is this somewhere new?
    Or what type and size HDD needed on these
    thnaks
    Literally any working HDD thats 2.5 inch SATA 80GB or more will work. You don't want something over 200GB as the machine does not need a size that big and they will be more expensive than one that was say 80GB or even 160GB.

    Format the HDD with a SATA cable, install in the machine and format through SP mode


  8. #18
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    8,545
    Rep Power
    185

    Re: cant find the hard drive info on my parts manual???

    Quote Originally Posted by safwat View Post
    Literally any working HDD thats 2.5 inch SATA 80GB or more will work. You don't want something over 200GB as the machine does not need a size that big and they will be more expensive than one that was say 80GB or even 160GB.

    Format the HDD with a SATA cable, install in the machine and format through SP mode
    My experience is that 80GB and 160GB drives are older, harder to find, too small for most newer MFP and actually cost more than newer technology drives. You never want to install a drive that is smaller than what the MFP originally came with as it might not work. Ricoh does not cover the manufacturers label so you can always find the model and Google it to see the size. There a couple of models where Ricoh special formats the drives and you are forced to purchase from Ricoh. These are older machines, usually with a pair of drives that must be replaced as a set and frequently no longer available.


  9. #19
    Junior Member safwat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    toronto, ON
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: cant find the hard drive info on my parts manual???

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    My experience is that 80GB and 160GB drives are older, harder to find, too small for most newer MFP and actually cost more than newer technology drives. You never want to install a drive that is smaller than what the MFP originally came with as it might not work. Ricoh does not cover the manufacturers label so you can always find the model and Google it to see the size. There a couple of models where Ricoh special formats the drives and you are forced to purchase from Ricoh. These are older machines, usually with a pair of drives that must be replaced as a set and frequently no longer available.
    Thanks for the advice. Will keep that in mind for my next HDD purchase. I've got a little present for you. Try to set this image I have attached as your avatar. I know you have tried these before, but just bear with me on this one......

    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #20
    Just a tech 100+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: cant find the hard drive info on my parts manual???

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    My experience is that 80GB and 160GB drives are older, harder to find, too small for most newer MFP and actually cost more than newer technology drives. You never want to install a drive that is smaller than what the MFP originally came with as it might not work. Ricoh does not cover the manufacturers label so you can always find the model and Google it to see the size. There a couple of models where Ricoh special formats the drives and you are forced to purchase from Ricoh. These are older machines, usually with a pair of drives that must be replaced as a set and frequently no longer available.
    Tried a different lower capacities for the 03 Series but didn't work. Even a 120GB SSD detects but while formatting, it gives 670. My conclusion was to install a 240GB or more. Maybe for the older machines, the lower capacity will work.

    Aye! Cut the crap

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here