Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Ricoh mp2501: Network card(led off) and usb port dont work

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    I usually use the vacuum cleaner (the domestic one) with the soft brush attached, but after 3 days we systematically begin to deposit this layer, slow but steady, to create as a snow effect (lol), I never use detergents on these devices to avoid damaging the surfaces and the writing, at most a damp cotton strip with a drop of neutral soap for hands, but once a year. I'd like to have that powder analyzed to understand what it's made of, it's really disturbing! ok, I live in town, and certainly there is a lot of smog, but my neighbors do not have this problem, it looks like alien dust ... LOL, even in the box I have this powder, I thought the red marboro (?)
    Old Toshiba Doc feeders (RDF's) where notorious for static build up on the platen glass, which caused the doc feed to jamb originals when feeding. The glass even had static discharge straps glued to the glass platen, but the static straps still did not fix the HV static problem.

To solve the problem we demonstrated the original jamming static fault to the customer buy sliding a sheet of paper over the platen glass. The original sheet would stop like it was stuck with glue to the glass platen.

To discharge the static off the platen glass we would spray Mr-Sheen wax and polish from a pressure pack can.
    The wax in the spray would allow the HV static to reach the discharge strap at the lead edge of the platen glass, an no more static build up on the glass. After we sprayed Mr sheen on the platen glass the original document page would skate completely across the copier glass top onto the office floor.

After demonstrating the above to the customer, we would tell them to buy a can of Mr Sheen and spray the platen glass at regular intervals. Increase the Mr-Sheen application more so during the winter months when people wear woollen jumpers and coats that produce HV static on the copier glass.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mp2501: Network card(led off) and usb port dont work

I usually use the vacuum cleaner (the domestic one) with the soft brush attached, but after 3 days we systematically begin to deposit this layer, slow but steady, to create as a snow effect (lol), I never use detergents on these devices to avoid damaging the surfaces and the writing, at most a damp cotton strip with a drop of neutral soap for hands, but once a year. I'd like to have that powder analyzed to understand what it's made of, it's really disturbing! ok, I live in town, and certainly there is a lot of smog, but my neighbors do not have this problem, it looks like alien dust ... LOL, even in the box I have this powder, I thought the red marboro (?)
    Have you thought of buying a good HEPA filter? With that much dust being deposited on your home theater system, you're also breathing it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Have you thought of buying a good HEPA filter? With that much dust being deposited on your home theater system, you're also breathing it.
    Friends - where we are heading from technical issue. we all are expected to contribute / suggest on specific technical problems, are't we?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    Friends - where we are heading from technical issue. we all are expected to contribute / suggest on specific technical problems, aren't we?
    [QUOTE] **FROM THE OP HIMSELF**

SO yes there was discussion about dust & static.. and Slim is correct. HEPA is a very fine filter on the vac...

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Friends - where we are heading from technical issue. we all are expected to contribute / suggest on specific technical problems, are't we?
    No. We are expected to help others.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Ooh my...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

hello, I'm sorry you're annoyed, I do not want to be polemical, but it would seem that you did not follow the discussion from the beginning, the problem is solved by replacing or repairing the controller, the rest that has been said, are only technical insights / scientific or let's call it "copytech-cafè" however somehow inherent to the eletrostatic and his problems, if you wanted you could participate too, you would be welcome. personally I think that on a world forum like this, it's nice to hear what and how they think people who live thousands of miles and cultures completely different from each other, I think it's a privilege and an invaluable experience

my best regards
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by luca72; 12-05-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

hello, I'm sorry you're annoyed, I do not want to be polemical, but it would seem that you did not follow the discussion from the beginning, the problem is solved by replacing or repairing the controller, the rest that has been said, are only technical insights / scientific or let's call it "copytech-cafè" however somehow inherent to the eletrostatic and his problems, if you wanted you could participate too, you would be welcome. personally I think that on a world forum like this, it's nice to hear what and how they think people who live thousands of miles and cultures completely different from each other, I think it's a privilege and an invaluable experience

my best regards
    Sir
    I fully agree with you.
    My only point was thread started with network card, which got repaired subsequently.
    We can talked on different aspects of repairing / configuring of Network Card and exchange ideas / views.

Static charge or discharge of TV set, Music system is totally different segment/problem & we can start a new thread on that.

May be I am wrong on perceiving real thread ( problem )

Best Regards

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Sir
    I fully agree with you.
    My only point was thread started with network card, which got repaired subsequently.
    We can talked on different aspects of repairing / configuring of Network Card and exchange ideas / views.

Static charge or discharge of TV set, Music system is totally different segment/problem & we can start a new thread on that.

May be I am wrong on perceiving real thread ( problem )

Best Regards
    Many of your recent posts have started to take on the appearance that you are trying to jack up your post count. If you do not have a valid question or valid and constructive advice, dom't say anything. If you agree with a post, just click Like.