Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Ricoh mp2501: Network card(led off) and usb port dont work

hello guys, I have a mp2501 that the day after the replacement of the pcdu unit and a fast cleaning, no longer function the network card or even the usb, sp 5985-001 and 002 are "on", and led on the ethernet port are constantly turned off, the rest working ok, I tried with a laptop and a cross cable and nothing, dead, I think it is almost certainly the controller card, the usb port and the ethernet believe they have in common the power patch, so in that section the problem, someone has it already happened? does anyone know what components are blow? I change them I'm good at soldering, I know for sure that the USB ports on all cards have a smd fuse protection, do you have any information / bulletin to your country on this problem on mp2501?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh mp2501: Network card(led off) and usb port dont work

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    hello guys, I have a mp2501 that the day after the replacement of the pcdu unit and a fast cleaning, no longer function the network card or even the usb, sp 5985-001 and 002 are "on", and led on the ethernet port are constantly turned off, the rest working ok, I tried with a laptop and a cross cable and nothing, dead, I think it is almost certainly the controller card, the usb port and the ethernet believe they have in common the power patch, so in that section the problem, someone has it already happened? does anyone know what components are blow? I change them I'm good at soldering, I know for sure that the USB ports on all cards have a smd fuse protection, do you have any information / bulletin to your country on this problem on mp2501?
    So if you PING the machine it doesn't work?
    how did you setup laptop to test?
    were the IP Addys set correctly? ( some laptops you have to reboot to make changes stick )
    what does the Config page say about network card and Addys?
    on some models you cannot have Enet and USB active at the same time.
    This unit doesn't have 'wireless feature' does it? that too could disable Enet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    So if you PING the machine it doesn't work?
    how did you setup laptop to test?
    were the IP Addys set correctly? ( some laptops you have to reboot to make changes stick )
    what does the Config page say about network card and Addys?
    on some models you cannot have Enet and USB active at the same time.
    This unit doesn't have 'wireless feature' does it? that too could disable Enet.

ping does not work because the card is off, the laptop, the ip, and everything else is configured perfectly (we do it hundreds of times, trust me), the pc does not detect the usb connection of 2501, when we arrived the mc had the blue led in communication on(!?), I perform all the sp801 except the engine, I updated the firmware, result? negative, I also tried to format sp832 and then disconnect the hdd that sometimes could make strange jokes, not have wif,i
    for the mc everything seems ok, there are all parameters fully configurable and accessible, they are not gray, tomorrow I'm going to bring a replacement, and the 2501 I take it to the laboratory and look at the config and network log, I saw that there are no strange sc

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like you might have a bad controller board.

Re: Ricoh mp2501: Network card(led off) and usb port dont work [SOLVED]

hello guys, I had the board controller board (D1595621 EU)repaired by a company of our friend who repairs cards, they repaired it in one day (180 euro), unfortunately I did not have time to examine the card first, but I have the feeling that they were replaced 2 fuses, as they seem to me fitted a little crooked, compared to before sending it for repair, if anyone should ever happen to the same problem I would be very grateful if you had the opportunity to test the two fuses before repairing and get me a feedback.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh mp2501: Network card(led off) and usb port dont work [SOLVED]

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    hello guys, I had the board controller board (D1595621 EU)repaired by a company of our friend who repairs cards, they repaired it in one day (180 euro), unfortunately I did not have time to examine the card first, but I have the feeling that they were replaced 2 fuses, as they seem to me fitted a little crooked, compared to before sending it for repair, if anyone should ever happen to the same problem I would be very grateful if you had the opportunity to test the two fuses before repairing and get me a feedback.
    It's a friend of yours and he won't tell you what components he repaired/ replaced?

Smile Re: Ricoh mp2501: Network card(led off) and usb port dont work [SOLVED]

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    It's a friend of yours and he won't tell you what components he repaired/ replaced?
    friends...but not enough

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Sorry to pop in on a solved trat, but what have you done to blow up that fuse?
    Perhaps pull out the electricity wall jack before it has completed to shut down?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Sorry to pop in on a solved trat, but what have you done to blow up that fuse?
    Perhaps pull out the electricity wall jack before it has completed to shut down?

hi, no..look I'm always happy to respond to everyone, the day before I replaced the pcdu and the relative transfer roller, and quickly clean the mc with vacuum cleaner and rags and alcohol, the plug I have not detached, and anyway when I went everything worked fine, I do not know what to say, however it is the company that repaired the controller, it that another technician from another company told us that it is a common problem of this model(?), and that he goes around with the spare controller cards in the car , it's the first time that happens to me, I also think that what burns is always the same components

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I have noticed that a vacuum cleaner can destroy (at least) sensors (static electricity).
    Could that have been the case?