Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    service technician 50+ Posts

Sp C361 sfnwx and wireless lan

Machine was set up with a wired lan connection to begin with and scan to folder was set up and working along with printing, they decide to move unit and use the wireless lan instead of running a new line to unit, they attempted to set this up themselves. (did not work) so i reran the set up installation program and found the access point they were using and the password. ok pulled same ip scheme it had when wired, got it to print. scan to folder no changes to folder or share or path structure when sending to folder it gives error message (sending failed connection error). ok rechecked all permission and paths and username and password still error. so i hooked up my laptop to wired lan and can ping unit and see( wim ) so i set up a scan folder on laptop, programmed in address book and the scan went through to my folder on laptop on their network. so i am now not sure what may be causing it to error to their workstation, i thought maybe firewall on router or windows firewall, but then it should have blocked mine? can print and scan with the ricoh smart device connector too no problems. anyone may have come across this before and can point me in the right direction or i might have to restore the network settings to factory and start over.
    Thanks for any help.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Sp C361 sfnwx and wireless lan

Re: Sp C361 sfnwx and wireless lan

Is the target computer now using wireless? I have had USB wireless adapters block file sharing.

service technician 50+ Posts

Re: Sp C361 sfnwx and wireless lan

no
    that which is strange is the only difference that i can detect now is the machine is on wireless lan, computer on wired.