Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Problem in MP C 2011

Team
    Enclosed files for your ref.

We are getting faint bands on copy / prints as shown in image 1 & 2. Those samples are after replacement of PTR. One is with earthing strip and second is without earthing.
    (3) Image on belt is OK without any problem. Image (4) shows Calibration sheet with problem.

All color bands are very similar in distance (when placed & aligned to each other).
    This has happened during print run of 300 thick 4 paper.

Since this is in all the colors, I think it could be HVPS, LVPS Or Main Board.

Has anybody faced this problem? Please suggest how to proceed for isolation of this problem.

Regards & thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Problem in MP C 2011

Re: Problem in MP C 2011

ya think it might be related to the PCR change you mentioned? hmmm

back trace your steps

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    ya think it might be related to the PCR change you mentioned? hmmm

back trace your steps
    if I understood correctly before replacing the PTR there was no problem? too little information, if it looks like something out of place / not hooked up well, check again scrupulously, have you tried to reassemble the old one? what was the problem before?

Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    Team
    Enclosed files for your ref.

We are getting faint bands on copy / prints as shown in image 1 & 2. Those samples are after replacement of PTR. One is with earthing strip and second is without earthing.
    (3) Image on belt is OK without any problem. Image (4) shows Calibration sheet with problem.

All color bands are very similar in distance (when placed & aligned to each other).
    This has happened during print run of 300 thick 4 paper.

Since this is in all the colors, I think it could be HVPS, LVPS Or Main Board.

Has anybody faced this problem? Please suggest how to proceed for isolation of this problem.

Regards & thanks in advance
    if I understood correctly before replacing the PTR there was no problem? too little information, if it looks like something out of place / not hooked up well, check again scrupulously, have you tried to reassemble the old one? what was the problem before?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    Sir
    All the time problem is same, Before & after replacement of PTR ( Replaced only for that problem).
    With earthing & without earthing. Checked all boards for physical damage.
    Could not trace anything & do not know how to proceed further.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

You mentioned it happened while printing thick 4. I trust that you have changed the paper settings correctly. Does it happen on a normal 80gsm paper? It's a long shot, but have you updated all firmwares?
    Aye! Cut the crap

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keithxxiii View Post
    You mentioned it happened while printing thick 4. I trust that you have changed the paper settings correctly. Does it happen on a normal 80gsm paper? It's a long shot, but have you updated all firmwares?
    Sir
    Settings are OK (Set for thick 4 only ). On all media it is same, copy as well as prints. Scanning is OK.
    No I have not updated Firmware. I feel, possibly wrong, that it should be some hardware problem only. Scanning is OK & problem started during print run.

Thanks for suggestion, but I would like to ensure hardware part is OK before trying Firmware. It could be too messy if anything goes wrong.

Best Regards

Sir
    All the time problem is same, Before & after replacement of PTR ( Replaced only for that problem).
    With earthing & without earthing. Checked all boards for physical damage.
    Could not trace anything & do not know how to proceed further.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.
    hello, not knowing the history pm of that machine, and comparing the problem with those that happen to me on that model, I ask you: what percentage of life have reached the pcdu? (pm counter print-out) was some pcu replaced? Was the plastic cover with the ground behind the pcu (D147-3494) remembered to put it from the old one to the new one? are the ground contacts inside the cover deformed?

the first pcu versions had the ball bearings on the drum cylinder that created a lot of problems, now they have a bushing, check this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by luca72; 11-28-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    hello, not knowing the history pm of that machine, and comparing the problem with those that happen to me on that model, I ask you: what percentage of life have reached the pcdu? (pm counter print-out) was some pcu replaced? Was the plastic cover with the ground behind the pcu (D147-3494) remembered to put it from the old one to the new one? are the ground contacts inside the cover deformed?

the first pcu versions had the ball bearings on the drum cylinder that created a lot of problems, now they have a bushing, check this
    Sir
    First it started suddenly during print run. Secondly all colors are showing same problem & repeats at exactly same interval.
    So I think there must be something else which is common & creating problem

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Problem in MP C 2011

Sir
    First it started suddenly during print run. Secondly all colors are showing same problem & repeats at exactly same interval.
    So I think there must be something else which is common & creating problem
    so from all colors...

same spacing of defect all color.. ( what does the defect ruler tell you about the spacing )?

ITB 'looks good' could the rollers be getting bad charge/flat spotted?

contacts on drums-dev-belt all in good clean condition?

could nip ( if it has one ) be sticking/jammed in fuser?

what is life on consumables? ( heavy paper = greater wear/tear )

clicking or scrubbing sounds?