Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 161 / Savin 816 is firmware no longer available for the most recent Windows?

Ricoh MP 161 / Savin 816 is firmware no longer available for the most recent Windows?

The most recent Windows 10 version from April 2018 is causing me not to be able to scan to folder. Worked fine before that. I am finding no SMB V2/3 upgrade like there is for the Ricoh MP 201 / Savin 920.

Can anyone confirm the 161 can no longer work for scan to folder? (Yes, I have tried everything but still no luck.)

Thanks

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP 161 / Savin 816 is firmware no longer available for the most recent Wind

I don't have 'insider access' but I know there's a limit to how far back Ricoh is supporting SMB V2/3 and I'm sure it won't include 10+ year old boxes, and I imagine F/W for the MP171 is also not available.
    I'm thinking that if the customer is still using this older unit, then disabling SMB V2/3 won't be too much of an issue for them - Otherwise scan to FTP or Email, or upgrade.

Re: Ricoh MP 161 / Savin 816 is firmware no longer available for the most recent Wind

There is no SMB FW for the 161. There are for the 171 and 201

FTP FTW...!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    FTP FTW...!!!
    Thanks for confirming everyone. I have several of these 161s in the field running just fine. Guess it's scan to email from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post
    Thanks for confirming everyone. I have several of these 161s in the field running just fine. Guess it's scan to email from now on.
    Or as I said...scan via FTP if they really need a folder location.
    You know what some customers are like...they'll insist on a folder location just to make your day that little bit longer

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

I recommend Filezilla Server for windows ftp scanning.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post

That may also be a problem. Recent security upgrades to Gmail, Office365 and other email providers require the machines to be able to support SSL and/or TLS encryption.

The machine was introduced in 2007. A 12 year old machine will never get software updates to handle those encryption levels for SSL or SMB v2/v3. Might be time for an upgrade,

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Try Quick and Easy FTP server lite. Free also and not as complicated as FileZilla.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    That may also be a problem. Recent security upgrades to Gmail, Office365 and other email providers require the machines to be able to support SSL and/or TLS encryption.

The machine was introduced in 2007. A 12 year old machine will never get software updates to handle those encryption levels for SSL or SMB v2/v3. Might be time for an upgrade,
    Google's Restricted Gmail SMTP server should still be available. You may have to do some changes to your MX records if using Google Suite or Google Docs. If using a gmail account to authenticate, you may have to Allow less secure apps