Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: C5503

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

C5503

This one keeps dropping the network connection, repl with new network cable and it printed and scanned for a few minutes then it goes into lala land and we can't see it again. machine has no error codes listed in sp, Is it just the network controller or something weird.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Re: C5503

Sounds like a classic duplicate IP symptom. Disconnect the C5503 and ping the ip address. Also, ping with the -a switch to find the hostname.
    (ping -a 192.168.xxx.xxx)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

I thought you would get some error on control panel if you entered a used IP address?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    C5503

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    I thought you would get some error on control panel if you entered a used IP address?
    Only if the other machine is currently connected.

I have seen similar, machine would stop printing. Cycle power and it would print everything already queued up. Turned to be a dying 5 year old 32 port switch.

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Only if the other machine is currently connected.

I have seen similar, machine would stop printing. Cycle power and it would print everything already queued up. Turned to be a dying 5 year old 32 port switch.
    I had this machine connected to MyQ, from the dashboard it says device is ready but embedded terminal is disconnected. Tried a continuous ping, it replies back with slight delay in ms. I then asked the IT to disconnect the network cable and to his surprise, it still sends replies.
    No message on the screen maybe because the IP is reserved with mac ID.
    Aye! Cut the crap

Check that the speed settings match the switch port i.e. duplex 100 mbps. Can change in the system settings. this can cause the copier to drop off the network randomly.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C5503

I had a wide format do this before. Tried all sorts of crap new network cable the whole 9. It ended up that the customer had pull the machine away from the wall and snatched out the network cable. In doing so the actually pulled the metal ring off the ethernet connection port and the network cable just wasn't making a perfect connection. Sometimes it would print and sometimes not.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C5503

Check first that the IP address on the copier is set up outside the DHCP range. Someone's smartphone or iPad is probably trying to grab the copier's IP address. Don't laugh... I've seen this happen, and it took me WEEKS of troubleshooting to finally catch the culprit. (Delivery guy that only came into the office a few times per week).

Second thing to check is make sure the Printer Properties>Ports tab is showing a "Standard TCP/IP" port. If you're connecting with a "WSD" port, those will give you a flaky connection every time.

Obvious checks would be to see if there's a Link light on the copier's ethernet port, and you have a good cable between the copier and the wall/router.