Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: SC672-12 on MP C401

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    So just to update where I am on this machine.....

4 weeks ago while re-seating connectors, I noticed that the usb connector from the OP panel to the main USB cable that runs to the back of the machine fit very loosely, so I removed the OP panel from my 'parts' machine and swapped it over. The connector fit much more snugly, and the code has not returned.
    In the meantime, I installed the questionable OP panel on to my other machine. I had only powered it up a few times and for shorts periods in the last few weeks until today when I was working on it with the idea of getting it back into resale condition. After a couple hours of "on" time and testing...up popped an SC672!
    It's one of those rare times I was actually happy to see an error code because it seems that this confirmed my theory that the issue might just be the connector.
    Hopefully it helps save someone some time down the road.
    Just an update with my mpc401sr wth a SOP panel that started off with random sc672 codes and then becoming all the time.
    I bought a batch of mpc401sr and one had a SOP that the lcd was cracked but machine came to ready but screen was non responsive.
    I took my old mpc401sr wth a SOP that was sc 672 and mounted that screen on my new mpc401sr wth cracked LCD.
    The sc 672 came up on this machine so it must be the SOP panel or the connectors going to the sub assembly on the OP panel..
    I am going to undo them and if anything i can at least take the LCD from the sc672 panel...
    LASTLY DO YOU THINK IT pays to reflash the op panel FW 1st?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    SC672-12 on MP C401

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    I took my old mpc401sr wth a SOP that was sc 672 and mounted that screen on my new mpc401sr wth cracked LCD.
    The sc 672 came up on this machine so it must be the SOP panel or the connectors going to the sub assembly on the OP panel..
    LASTLY DO YOU THINK IT pays to reflash the op panel FW 1st?
    If I'm following you correctly, the SC672 followed your operation panel, just like mine did. So it sounds like you may have a flaky connector too.
    As for the F/W. I think the code is more related to outdated power-saving F/w than the op panel F/W. Updating it can't hurt, but I don't think it matters if it's before or after swapping it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    If I'm following you correctly, the SC672 followed your operation panel, just like mine did. So it sounds like you may have a flaky connector too.
    As for the F/W. I think the code is more related to outdated power-saving F/w than the op panel F/W. Updating it can't hurt, but I don't think it matters if it's before or after swapping it.
    YES If I'm following you correctly, the SC672 followed your operation panel,
    THEY have the 2 connectors that go to the op panel sub boards thru the metal bracket on the op panel.
    just for the heck of it i am going to swap the 2 connectors and see if anything changes..

GOOD luck tonight but i think the greek freak is unstoppable..
    He reminds me of jordan with that "yeah try to stop me attitude"..