Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Ricoh Aficio 1035

I have problems I need addressed for the Ricoh Afico 1035. A.) Does anyone know of a problem in which this machine tends to become undertoned and any solutions on how to fix this problem? B.) My other problem is in the User Tools mode. The Key Op Tools have a passcode to get into it and I was wondering if there is a way to override or get rid of the code? Any help appreciated, thank you.

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    You can blow away the key op code with 7-810.

The toner hopper has plastic "fingers" inside it that get messed up, and it will restrict the toner adding into the hopper. Also, check your SMC settings related to ID & TD sensors. These will tell you if you might have a flaky sensor, which would affect undertoning. Usually, undertoning isn't as much of a problem as overtoning.

As long as you stay on top of PM's, these can be OK machines. If you push them, they will exhibit weird problems. One other thing to watch is to make sure the waste toner is dumped a lot.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+

E Winter
    Yeah these paddle things like to messed up but it's funny that I only had this with the MP3500/4500 models and never with the older generations.

You need to check if the machine is really untertonered because other problems can cause a weak black, too.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sommer View Post
    Yeah these paddle things like to messed up but it's funny that I only had this with the MP3500/4500 models and never with the older generations.

I've had it a couple of times on the older models, but that problem seems to happen to the MP3500/4500 on a monthly basis!!

The Developer has a life of 300k, if that's overlive you might have a lower density, also check the Laser slit glass, it's located behind a metal bracket below the Toner hopper unit. Also, if you remove the PCU and look inside you can see the Quenching lamps inside the machine, I've had these get caked in toner a couple of times, and a Vac can usually sort it.

You might also find the Drum doesn't quite reach it's life of 150k

Hope this helps.
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz (Oc'ed to 3GHz - Stock Volts)
    Asus P5E-VM HDMI
    4GB (2x 2GB) Corsair XMS Xpert II RAM
    ATi Radeon 4870 512MB GFX Card
    2x 74GB WD Raptor Sata HDD (RAID 0)
    500GB Seagate Barracuda Sata II HDD
    500GB Hitachi Sata II HDD
    600W500att OCZ PSU
    -TOTAL HDD SPACE 1148GB-

E Winter
    but that problem seems to happen to the MP3500/4500 on a monthly basis!!
    Indeed - on one machine I had this issue twice. To avoid a third case and a disappointed customer I've tighten the paddles with self tapping screws - no more trouble since then and it was the joke of the day of course^^

Technician
    Looks like you got a bad drum ground bearing on this one also! You could put a peice of solder wick on the bearing to ground it out for the mean time

Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredfmn View Post
    Looks like you got a bad drum ground bearing on this one also! You could put a peice of solder wick on the bearing to ground it out for the mean time
    ... or pack it with conductive grease.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    regarding the conductive grease.what brand is good.?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    From my experience it may stte the developer life is 300K but I rarely saw it go that far before crapping out.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker