Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP C4503/C6003 Firmware Bug!!

    guitar9199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Eveleth, MN
    Posts
    811
    Rep Power
    22

    MP C4503/C6003 Firmware Bug!!

    Just an FWI.... The v1.39 System/Copy firmware on the Ricoh TSRC website for the C4503/C6003 (SD Card-Normal Panel) has a bug in it!!! Do NOT use it!! You'll wind up with an SC878-00 error!!

    If you've already done it, download the previous version (v1.38) all by itself to a romdata folder on an SD card, and flash just that file. It's already worked on 2 machines I'm refurbishing that coded on me.

    ...Happy 2019!!
    Last edited by guitar9199; 01-08-2019 at 09:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP C4503/C6003 Firmware Bug!!

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,351
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: MP C4503/C6003 Firmware Bug!!

    Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Just an FWI.... The v1.39 System/Copy firmware on the Ricoh TSRC website for the C4503/C6003 (SD Card-Normal Panel) has a bug in it!!! Do NOT use it!! You'll wind up with an SC878-00 error!!

    If you've already done it, download the previous version (v1.38) all by itself to a romdata folder on an SD card, and flash just that file. It's already worked on 2 machines I'm refurbishing that coded on me.

    ...Happy 2019!!
    This interesting, this version is still available on the UK support site!

    V1.38 is included in the package file.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    481
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: MP C4503/C6003 Firmware Bug!!

    Here in Oz only up to 1.37.

  4. #4
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts dalewb74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: MP C4503/C6003 Firmware Bug!!

    they had issues with package all firmware downloads, but my understanding is they have fixed the issue. i was told you could still download the individual firmware files, but that takes forever to do each one at a time.

  5. #5
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    9,192
    Rep Power
    199

    Re: MP C4503/C6003 Firmware Bug!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    they had issues with package all firmware downloads, but my understanding is they have fixed the issue. i was told you could still download the individual firmware files, but that takes forever to do each one at a time.
    The reason I don't like package firmware is that it only replaces those modules that are not at current version level. If a firmware module has become corrupt it will not rewrite it.

  6. #6
    Technician
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NEW LONDON
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: MP C4503/C6003 Firmware Bug!!

    Thanks for mentioning the bug. I'm aware this is frowned upon, but please pm me if willing to link the latest firmware for my MP C4503 (USA).

    Currently:
    Module Name Version Part Number
    System/Copy 1.22 D1495550X
    Network Support 12.68 D1495567M
    Font EXP 1.00 D1495581
    PCL Font 1.06 D1315586A
    PS3 Font 1.12 D6205681
    animation 7.00 D1495564D
    Fax 07.00.00 D1495557M
    RemoteFax 03.00.00 D1495558F
    Printer 1.12 D1665701N
    RPCS 3.13.22 D1665703D
    PCL 1.13 D1665706J
    PDF 1.04 D1665733E
    Scanner 01.06 D1495560H
    NetworkDocBox 1.04 D1495568F
    Web Support 1.04.7 D1495561K
    Web Uapl 1.04.3 D1495562F
    Java VM v11 std 11.10.02 D1495579D
    Data Erase Onb 1.01x D3775934
    GWFCU3.8-2(WW) 08.00.00 D1495559J
    PowerSaving Sys F.20 D1495554E
    Engine 1.39:08 D1505504C
    OpePanel 1.08 D1491490J
    LANG0 1.08 D1491490J
    LANG1 1.08 D1491490J
    ADF 01.340:16 D6835550F
    Finisher 02.320:10 D6885301J

  7. #7
    Technician
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NEW LONDON
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: MP C4503/C6003 Firmware Bug!!

    I was able to update the MP C4503 today using the package update. Here are my new module versions. I couldn't find the ADF module update, does this appear to be the latest?
    Module Name Version Part Number
    System/Copy 1.38 D1495569P
    Network Support 12.77 D1495567X
    Font EXP 1.00 D1495581
    PCL Font 1.06 D1315586A
    PS3 Font 1.12 D6205681
    animation 7.00 D1495564D
    Fax 15.00.00 D1495557W
    RemoteFax 06.00.00 D1495558J
    Printer 1.20 D1665701X
    RPCS 3.13.24 D1665703F
    PCL 1.19 D1665706Q
    PDF 1.05 D1665733F
    Scanner 01.15 D1495560S
    NetworkDocBox 1.10 D1495568M
    Web Support 1.07 D1495561R
    Web Uapl 1.04.5 D1495562H
    Java VM v11 std 11.10.02 D1495579D
    Data Erase Onb 1.01x D3775934
    GWFCU3.8-2(WW) 11.00.00 D1495559M
    PowerSaving Sys F.20 D1495554E
    Engine 1.39:08 D1505504C
    OpePanel 1.14 D1491490Q
    LANG0 1.14 D1491490Q
    LANG1 1.14 D1491490Q
    ADF 01.340:16 D6835550F
    Finisher 02.320:10 D6885301J

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 1,000+ Posts
    MP C4503/C6003 Firmware Bug!!

    mikadonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    2,233
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: MP C4503/C6003 Firmware Bug!!

    As of 2-15-19:
    JAVA 1.12.00
    PCL 1.20
    NETWORK SUPPORT 12.78
    SCANNER 1.16
    SYS/COPY 1.40
    WEB SUPPORT 1.08
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

  9. #9
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    9,192
    Rep Power
    199

    Re: MP C4503/C6003 Firmware Bug!!

    Quote Originally Posted by IndependentChrisCT View Post
    I was able to update the MP C4503 today using the package update. Here are my new module versions. I couldn't find the ADF module update, does this appear to be the latest?
    Module Name Version Part Number
    System/Copy 1.38 D1495569P
    Network Support 12.77 D1495567X
    Font EXP 1.00 D1495581
    PCL Font 1.06 D1315586A
    PS3 Font 1.12 D6205681
    animation 7.00 D1495564D
    Fax 15.00.00 D1495557W
    RemoteFax 06.00.00 D1495558J
    Printer 1.20 D1665701X
    RPCS 3.13.24 D1665703F
    PCL 1.19 D1665706Q
    PDF 1.05 D1665733F
    Scanner 01.15 D1495560S
    NetworkDocBox 1.10 D1495568M
    Web Support 1.07 D1495561R
    Web Uapl 1.04.5 D1495562H
    Java VM v11 std 11.10.02 D1495579D
    Data Erase Onb 1.01x D3775934
    GWFCU3.8-2(WW) 11.00.00 D1495559M
    PowerSaving Sys F.20 D1495554E
    Engine 1.39:08 D1505504C
    OpePanel 1.14 D1491490Q
    LANG0 1.14 D1491490Q
    LANG1 1.14 D1491490Q
    ADF 01.340:16 D6835550F
    Finisher 02.320:10 D6885301J
    ADF and SPDF are optional peripherals. They are not included in the package firmware. Another reason I always down the latest module firmware.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here