Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FTP Scanning

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ricmartinho's Avatar

Re: FTP Scanning

I also use Filezilla but I install it differently. In the beginning I used Quick n easy FTP but kept getting a lot of calls because users stopped the server by right clicking on the icon next to the clock.

When I install Filezilla I uncheck "Start Menu Shortcuts" and "Desktop icon" and on "Please choose how the interface should be started" I choose "Start Manually". This way Filezilla is hidden for the users (you don't have to go to settings and choose "Start Minimized") but the FTP server still runs on the background. I also don't create a group, I just create the user.

The only problem I have is that I can't get Filezilla to work with the hostname of the PC. I always have to change the PC to a fixed IP (or lock it in the router).

With Quick n Easy I didn't have that problem. It worked with host name as a charm.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricmartinho View Post
    I also use Filezilla but I install it differently. In the beginning I used Quick n easy FTP but kept getting a lot of calls because users stopped the server by right clicking on the icon next to the clock.

When I install Filezilla I uncheck "Start Menu Shortcuts" and "Desktop icon" and on "Please choose how the interface should be started" I choose "Start Manually". This way Filezilla is hidden for the users (you don't have to go to settings and choose "Start Minimized") but the FTP server still runs on the background. I also don't create a group, I just create the user.

The only problem I have is that I can't get Filezilla to work with the hostname of the PC. I always have to change the PC to a fixed IP (or lock it in the router).

With Quick n Easy I didn't have that problem. It worked with host name as a charm.
    Re. I can't get Filezilla to work with the hostname of the PC.

Filezilla probably can't find the DNS server.
    The firewall could be blocking local ARP requests?

Is the entire network DHCP or all fixed IP's?
    If its a home/small office router: assign the router as a [x] DHCP server and point Filezilla to the router as its DNS server.
    If changing to a DHCP network;you may like to reserved router fixed IP's address to the printers etc...

HTH
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by ricmartinho View Post

Hi There.. i think you are just the guy i'm looking for.
    i also am struggling to get filezilla working with the computer hostname and i need to set it up like that as the client's ip changes and then the setup needs to be done again.
    i see here that you used quick and easy ftp and it work with the host name, i did download quick and easy ftp but still does not work with the host name.
    is there any tips you can give on how to get this working with a host name please.
    Thank you.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    FTP Scanning

Quote Originally Posted by Jures View Post
    Hi There.. i think you are just the guy i'm looking for.
    i also am struggling to get filezilla working with the computer hostname and i need to set it up like that as the client's ip changes and then the setup needs to be done again.
    i see here that you used quick and easy ftp and it work with the host name, i did download quick and easy ftp but still does not work with the host name.
    is there any tips you can give on how to get this working with a host name please.
    Thank you.
    Go away grave digger.

This thread is over a year old and therefore is dead and buried.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Go away grave digger.

This thread is over a year old and therefore is dead and buried.
    Listen Asshole... if you don't have the answer I'm looking for don't rely to my message!!
    Obviously you don't ..!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    FTP Scanning

Listen Asshole... if you don't have the answer I'm looking for don't rely to my message!!
    Obviously you don't ..!!
    Based on your reply you have no room to be calling anyone anything.

Not mention you already have collected multiple Red cards which that at least one other senior member agrees with me. Your disrespect has also been reported to the administration. Straighten up your act before you get banished.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Based on your reply you have no room to be calling anyone anything.

Not mention you already have collected multiple Red cards which that at least one other senior member agrees with me. Your disrespect has also been reported to the administration. Straighten up your act before you get banished.
    I asked a decent question just looking for a decent answer... I was told I'm a grave digger and to go away... Is that not disrespect as well? But it's s fine ill take it as it is no worry...

I asked a decent question just looking for a decent answer... I was told I'm a grave digger and to go away... Is that not disrespect as well? But it's s fine ill take it as it is no worry...
    Whats your question on using filezilla?
    Or PM me

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    FTP Scanning

I calls them as I sees them. When you have as many posts, green card and Rep Power as I have, you will have that privileged as well. To quote what I had replied previously "Go away grave digger.

This thread is over a year old and therefore is dead and buried."

You apparently did not read the second line. The common consensus is that if you dig up posts that are over a year old your ARE a grave digger.

Just a tech looking to resolve a problem. No Problem I helped him out