Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: scan to folder to PC ok, to lap top failed

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Sounds like the dreaded "NetBIOS over DHCP".

Go into your Network and Sharing Center/Wired or Wireless Network/IPv4/properties, click the "Advanced" button, then select the "WINS" tab and change it from "NetBIOS over DHCP" to "NetBIOS over TCP/IP". Microsoft started doing this on Windows 7, and SMB scan doesn't like the DCHP configuration for NetBIOS.
    Can't find anything of that kind in my network settings.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Yesterday about 12:30u i did a scan to folder to my lap top and it worked fine.
    And a few hours later nope!

In fact meanwhile i installed Norton, but that is the same software as on the PC (which is working ok with scan to folder).
    I have disabled the firewall, no good.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Dear partners.

About this problem I recommend you to the extent that you can update the firmware of the NETWORK, SCANNER and PRINTER.

If the problem persists, it is due to the fact that the "SMB 1 Protocol" is obsolete and has been disabled in the latest Microsoft patches.
    I recommend installing an FTP file server, for the management of files. By the way, on this topic the latest versions of "Microsoft Windows" (7, 8 and 10) incorporate these services in a native way that require activation.
    At least that is how I am and I have been solving this problem.

I leave link below how to accredit this service in Windows 10 Operating System.
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-and-manage-ftp-server-windows-10

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    scan to folder to PC ok, to lap top failed

Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Dear partners.
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]About this problem I recommend you to the extent that you can update the firmware of the NETWORK, SCANNER and PRINTER.
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]If the problem persists, it is due to the fact that the "SMB 1 Protocol" is obsolete and has been disabled in the latest Microsoft patches.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I recommend installing an FTP file server, for the management of files.[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]By the way, on this topic the latest versions of "Microsoft Windows" (7, 8 and 10) incorporate these services in a native way that require activation.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]At least that is how I am and I have been solving this problem.
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I leave link below how to accredit this service in Windows 10 Operating System.
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-and-manage-ftp-server-windows-10
    [/COLOR]
    Read the entire thread dude ! We are so far beyond that!
    [Color] ??? WTF??

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Read the entire thread dude ! We are so far beyond that!
    [Color] ??? WTF??
    Sorry xD

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

If its Windows 7 and scanning stop since the latest Windows updates then whoever deals with Computers needs to roll back the updates. Ricoh UK Technical Support were posting about it this morning on their website.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I realised most of you can't access the website if not in the UK.

Microsoft have released their January 'Monthly Roll-up':
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...date-kb4480970
    ..which contains important security updates. Unfortunately one of the included updates 'breaks' (read: increases security in an unproductive way) SMB2 shares.
    Allegedly the following registry hack works around the 'problem'; documented here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...cy-registry-se
    Many users have claimed success with the hack. RUK TSG are not suggesting you make the registry change; altering HKEY /DWORD data is not without its risks so do so at your own risk.
    You might instead consider rolling back the 'roll-up' until Microsoft have fixed the issue; they've received a lot of complaints apparently.
    We have had problems reported from 4 customers already so this is just a heads up for you to be prepared if asked.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I’ll also add that if you have any antivirus software on your laptop uninstall it & try scanning again.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    I’ll also add that if you have any antivirus software on your laptop uninstall it & try scanning again.
    Or just check its logs to see if it is blocking. Most major security suites will give a pop up warning when a new unknown activity occurs. It will give you the option to Allow or Block. If Allow is not clicked within a short time frame, it will automatically block. Once blocked it will continue to block until you edit the rules.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    We are WAY past this being just a scanning issue. PC's are no longer accessible on the network - at least in my case

Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    Microsoft have released their January 'Monthly Roll-up':
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...date-kb4480970
    ..which contains important security updates. Unfortunately one of the included updates 'breaks' (read: increases security in an unproductive way) SMB2 shares.
    Thanks, but this seems to only be related to Windows 7 updates and I've had the issue on both Windows 7 and my own Windows 10 PC.
    I've uninstalled all of the updates that have been installed so far in 2019, but I can't reverse the problem .
    In addition, my laptop and PC have the exact same updates. The laptop is fine as far as file sharing and scanning go, only the PC has the issue