Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

MP2000 paper feed issue

mp2000 roller.jpg

Hi,

Lately the machine began having feed errors from the bypass tray. Turns out the paper stops at the roller as indicated by the included picture. The roller does not spin and pull the paper resulting in a jam error.

The same thing happens when making duplex copies. After the first side is printed, the paper is reversed but stops at the same point.

I suspected the motor but when making duplex, the paper makes it through the first 2 upper rollers and only stops at the bottom. Those 3 rollers are being spun by the same motor.

What could be causing it?

Thanks for the inputs.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: MP2000 paper feed issue

Hi

have you checked the sensors in that area?

have you checked the smc report to see where it loggs the error?
    Press the GREEN button!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Could be the clutch, but i guess itīs the wiring from the door to the machine. Had this issue 2 or 3 times on older machines. Install a new wiring-assy - OK.
    Greetings...

Technician

Post Re: MP2000 paper feed issue

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Hi

have you checked the sensors in that area?

have you checked the smc report to see where it loggs the error?

Tried copying from the bypass tray to trigger the error. Then i printed the SMC report.

The most recent P Jam History entry is Code050 JamB FeedM

After that i tried making a duplex and the error code entry is Code060 JamZ FeedD

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    Could be the clutch, but i guess itīs the wiring from the door to the machine. Had this issue 2 or 3 times on older machines. Install a new wiring-assy - OK.
    Greetings...
    The Clutch work fine. The bypass feed roller spins and pulls the paper but the Lower Transport Roller does not.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xcopier View Post
    The Clutch work fine. The bypass feed roller spins and pulls the paper but the Lower Transport Roller does not.
    There is a mechanical sensor next to the relay roller (jest below the spring loaded paper guide), in the vicinity of where you indicated on your original post.

Have you checked that the sensor works? Input check in SP mode, as that would activate the relay roller you mention.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

duplex: rollers of this model needs to be very clean. Also when the paper is moistured it will jam very more often (tray heater could help)
    by pass: roller OR paper sensor actuator flips out its position. Or the paper table is bended (modif report) and the paper is fed in unevenly => jams

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xcopier View Post
    mp2000 roller.jpg

Hi,

Lately the machine began having feed errors from the bypass tray. Turns out the paper stops at the roller as indicated by the included picture. The roller does not spin and pull the paper resulting in a jam error.

The same thing happens when making duplex copies. After the first side is printed, the paper is reversed but stops at the same point.

I suspected the motor but when making duplex, the paper makes it through the first 2 upper rollers and only stops at the bottom. Those 3 rollers are being spun by the same motor.

What could be causing it?

Thanks for the inputs.

I also think of the wiring as zeldamen, I actually had to cover it with insulation tape because it was very crushed and was going to break above all on older mc, the big black plastic guide that is at the top (B123 4670) is not by chance broken where there are the screws?
    Last edited by luca72; 01-11-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    There is a mechanical sensor next to the relay roller (jest below the spring loaded paper guide), in the vicinity of where you indicated on your original post.

Have you checked that the sensor works? Input check in SP mode, as that would activate the relay roller you mention.
    Thanks. I'll try to locate that sensor.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    I also think of the wiring as zeldamen, I actually had to cover it with insulation tape because it was very crushed and was going to break above all on older cars, the big black plastic guide that is at the top (B123 4670) is not by chance broken where there are the screws?
    Thanks. I'll check those as well.