Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Repair Guy Uses Tons of Paper

Re: Repair Guy Uses Tons of Paper

As the plot thickens, perhaps the tech loads up the 5000 sheet LCC, pushes the start button and slips into a closet, or out to his car for a nap. At least if the company tracks him his car is at the customers site.

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar

You are right to question the amount of paper being used. It's too much. Definitely goes against Ricoh's green initiative. Early on the 8120s had a lot of issues but there have been many Tech Bulletins and Firmware updates to improve the reliability. If you are seeing your technician once a week then there is a problem. I would reach out to the company to have a team lead or manager involved to resolve any issues.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Is it an MP C305? Then the Repair Guy has lived there for several weeks, I really understand your concerns
    Last edited by Zaxxon; 01-17-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    As the plot thickens, perhaps the tech loads up the 5000 sheet LCC, pushes the start button and slips into a closet, or out to his car for a nap. At least if the company tracks him his car is at the customers site.
    Yeah!, but that won't get the Tech her phone number though...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    Is it an MP C305? Then the Repair Guy has lived there for several weeks, I really understand your concerns
    Love works in mysterious ways......
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Is this "school" a college right on jamaica bay?
    Its not my accnt but i know some long time ago techs doing some of these accnts.
    That would funny as i probably ask his side if it was.
    And we all know how the truth is never a straight line.

Sorry to say whoever posted about bringing in a "team" to repair, good thought. Bringing in a factory rep, etc. Been there done that! That logic just don't work in schools. You could bring the Pope in and it will still have issues! I've been in the biz 40+ years and I've never seen a machine in a school that you weren't there at least once a week, but could be every day. The only break we get here in NE is June when schools let out. Nice quiet 3 months.

Think another poster mentioned the Bizhub holding up. I would be curious to know if the good ole reliable C654 could last in a school environment? Probably not without a key operator. Speaking of key op's.....

This reminded me of a company I worked for back in the 80's. They put locks on the covers so teachers couldn't open. I guess there isn't a better "key operator" then one that needs a "key" to open

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    ... I would be curious to know if the good ole reliable C654 could last in a school environment? Probably not without a key operator. Speaking of key op's.....

This reminded me of a company I worked for back in the 80's. They put locks on the covers so teachers couldn't open. I guess there isn't a better "key operator" then one that needs a "key" to open
    We've got 754e's in a couple of school districts, and they seem to be holding up surprisingly well. All it takes is one enduser to get an idea though: For example, I walked into a particular school building one day to find (3) machines with the flags busted off all the waste bottles, and on all the spares. I can't even begin to offer an explanation of that.

The "Key" operator seems like by far the best possible chances of success. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

in my last job.... we had about 10 OKI MPS5502MBFX units out in a chain of car dealerships. The units were placed in: Accounting - Sales - Service and Admin ... 4 different Brands of cars: Honda - 'Yota - VW and 'Zuki.

Key Operators in EACH orifice *not misspelled*

Many problems.. 95% of the issues? OPERATOR ERROR. Key Op's were being replaced EVERY month!

after the 1st Warranty was coming due... they were bitching about " shitty machines ". Well me being the anal note taker and CYA expert, I pulled ALL files..separated: Parts - WntyCall - PDCall - PDSupplies. I also supplied them with Excel Spread sheets showing Rate of Machine Fails/CIP - Cost of both PD and WC/S - Parts used to SU/Fail or customer FU.

I ALSO laid out when there was -=A=- trained KO vs non. Also when the PEAK calls came in.. (can you guess?)

Sayless to need They signed another 3 year contract upon upgrade to new machines...... ( most had +/- 1mil ) **NOTE I didn't get SHIT in compensation for my award winning 1hr convincing presentation, that even the boss (fucker that didn't pay me) " Phil we would have lost that account but for YOU"

Moral: Key Ops = GOOD -=IF=- the hang around..... Lying Ass, Cheep, Money Grubbing, SCREW everyone Bosses = BAD!!! Run Forest RUN!

BTW in the past 5 months after leaving " Boss" my Blood Pressure is way lower than the DR was concerned about, My Sugars are back to 100 in the AM, My Seeds for my garden ( 200 various ) already in the trays in cooler area ready to stage, Shed has the new solar power/hot H2O system, roof and extension for my new util trailer n JD mower w/ all gas powered items in there too. Got my first buck in the field... 7 point dressed to 110# ( made 10# ground hot sausage DAMN is it GOOD!)

Nope STILL haven't set on a firm plan on my next endeavor // but FINALLY enjoying life! Sunrise here most days are great...and coffee on the patio in the evenings are simply lovely.. purple - blue - red n clouds ...........

Oh yeah forgot about a techs 2nd worse call, car dealerships.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    in my last job.... we had about 10 OKI MPS5502MBFX units out in a chain of car dealerships. The units were placed in: Accounting - Sales - Service and Admin ... 4 different Brands of cars: Honda - 'Yota - VW and 'Zuki.

Key Operators in EACH orifice *not misspelled*

Many problems.. 95% of the issues? OPERATOR ERROR. Key Op's were being replaced EVERY month!

after the 1st Warranty was coming due... they were bitching about " shitty machines ". Well me being the anal note taker and CYA expert, I pulled ALL files..separated: Parts - WntyCall - PDCall - PDSupplies. I also supplied them with Excel Spread sheets showing Rate of Machine Fails/CIP - Cost of both PD and WC/S - Parts used to SU/Fail or customer FU.

I ALSO laid out when there was -=A=- trained KO vs non. Also when the PEAK calls came in.. (can you guess?)

Sayless to need They signed another 3 year contract upon upgrade to new machines...... ( most had +/- 1mil ) **NOTE I didn't get SHIT in compensation for my award winning 1hr convincing presentation, that even the boss (fucker that didn't pay me) " Phil we would have lost that account but for YOU"

Moral: Key Ops = GOOD -=IF=- the hang around..... Lying Ass, Cheep, Money Grubbing, SCREW everyone Bosses = BAD!!! Run Forest RUN!

BTW in the past 5 months after leaving " Boss" my Blood Pressure is way lower than the DR was concerned about, My Sugars are back to 100 in the AM, My Seeds for my garden ( 200 various ) already in the trays in cooler area ready to stage, Shed has the new solar power/hot H2O system, roof and extension for my new util trailer n JD mower w/ all gas powered items in there too. Got my first buck in the field... 7 point dressed to 110# ( made 10# ground hot sausage DAMN is it GOOD!)

Nope STILL haven't set on a firm plan on my next endeavor // but FINALLY enjoying life! Sunrise here most days are great...and coffee on the patio in the evenings are simply lovely.. purple - blue - red n clouds ...........