Technician

MPC300/MPC401 SC681

We have been fighting issues with SC681 errors, various sub codes. One machine specifically, a MPC401, has had issues at 2 different customer sites, and never an issue at our shop. We have gone through the TSB that was release with little/no success. I am thinking that because of the symptom of the MPC401 it might be an environmental issue, but not one I've been able to isolate. We are using OEM toner.

Anyone else had issues/successes?

Thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MPC300/MPC401 SC681

Re: MPC300/MPC401 SC681

Quote Originally Posted by tinalt View Post
    We have been fighting issues with SC681 errors, various sub codes. I am thinking that because of the symptom of the MPC401 it might be an environmental issue, but not one I've been able to isolate. We are using OEM toner.
    Thanks
    what kind of enviro prob?

what have you done to isolate the troubleshooting?

**Some/Most times I've had weird reoccurring issues.. if the RAPs/SU/SM process has been followed.. I turn to power related issues.. But first please define what the issues are.**

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MPC300/MPC401 SC681

These boxes are prone to those codes if they are in a noisy RF environment. Moving the machine may help. I have had this issue before, and changing the RFID board and toner cart would not resolve the issue, although the machine ran just fine. It's just irritating to see the code on the op panel.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC300/MPC401 SC681

From the service manual:

 Remove and then re-insert each toner bottle.

 Replace toner bottle.
     Confirm that RFID connectors and harnesses are connected
    correctly.
     If the connectors and harnesses are damaged, replace the
    RFID_CPU board and Harness: ANTENNA: Toner Supply.
     Replace the affected RFID_AFE board (KMCY).
     Replace BCU.

...It would also be helpful to know what the sub code is, to determine which color the error is happening on.

Technician

I have followed the manual suggestions, swapped toner, checked connections, replaced RFID_CPU and antenna, replaced RFID_AFE, replaced BCU. At best they provided temporary relief. The sub code varies, as this has been an issue for us on at least a dozen machines, I don't think there has been a single color that has been an issue.

The machine I have worked the most on this has been a MPC401, It has gone into a SC681-XX at 2 different customer sites that we ended up replacing it at the customer site with a different series of machine. It has never has a SC681-XX at our office where it currently live and is used.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The larger 03 series machines uses a spring\hook to keep the toner bottles in place. When the springs become weak the bottle pops out of place causing various 681 code. Looking at the parts manual for this machine it appears that they are using the same type of design but on a smaller scale. M0263375 looks like the spring in question but its hard to confirm unless I'm taking apart the unit myself.