Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Ricoh mp c2051 (Lanier LD620c) scan to email office 365

Can these machines do 365? Scan to email works fine on MPc03's and MPc04's at account, but they have two of these older machines not working. Firmware is up to date, etc. I know I am entering things right as works fine on all of newer equipment.

Can these machines do 365?
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Ricoh mp c2051 (Lanier LD620c) scan to email office 365

Those older models likely don't support TLS 1.2 necessary for directly connecting to O365. Your best option for this situation is to setup Stunnel on an always on workstation or server. You can find the basic configuration to connect it online. Then just set the machine to use the IP or hostname of the Stunnel machine as the SMTP server using port 25, along with the authentication you want to use. Stunnel will then re-route the email over a secure connection.

Sent from my BBE100-5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. When I called mother Ricoh support this morning, the guy on other end seemed to think this machine would work. I wasted about 3 hours, I thought it might be a tad old for O-365. I have used stunnel before, but this is a gov't office so I don't think they would want that installed.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

This machine will not work with O-365. With current Microsoft security settings it barely does SMB anymore. Which leaves, Document Server and FTP.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mp c2051 (Lanier LD620c) scan to email office 365

It's a Microsoft/IT problem, not an MFP problem. Any machine can work with Office 365. The customer's IT merely needs how to set up Microsoft's relay server for Port 25 SMTP.

Slimbob, you are correct as usual. After doing some research, these machines were capable of O-365 until around 10-31-18. That is when M$ discontinued TLS 1.0 for O-365. There are some links for re-enabling TLS 1.0. and here is a fine video for creating port 25 relay (one of best I've found)

YouTube

Bottom line is it is a gov't customer who has a local "IT" person that would qualify as a tier 1 type IT position. A lot of heavy lifting is done by hired IT gun out of state. They did not do all of their homework before jumping into the upgrade from their onsite exchange server. Best solution IMO is they need to upgrade older equipment. Do I hear an "AMEN" on this?

TLS 1.0 is a twenty year old cipher suite. In modern computing, it's almost trivial to break some of the lower end ciphers supported in it. I wouldn't recommend giving the advice to enable it to any customer any more than I would advising them to keep using SMB 1 . There's a time after which almost every technology standard becomes obsolete and both of these have reached their time to go.

It's a good justification to upgrade the equipment. Ask the customer: would they allow a Windows 2000 computer on their network in 2019?

It's a good justification to upgrade the equipment. Ask the customer: would they allow a Windows 2000 computer on their network in 2019?

I've got to remember that one. I have used the cliche of why aren't you still using dial-up or a vcr anymore. Although I still run into the occasional customer who still records tv shows on vcr. Amazing huh? Also the trouble is we have sales and mgt that still sell 5 year old stuff that came off lease. So a customer with an LD620c may have owned for 3 years. They don't want to upgrade. If we don't fix, then why did we sell it to them? Eight years old is antique in technology, but yet if money is there, sales will jump on it, get their nickel, and leave service holding the bag and mgmt lets them.

Any Ricoh will scan to office365 using the mx record (ie company-com.mail.protection.outlook.com, port 25, no authentication required - if office365 is configured correctly)

see

How to set up a multifunction device or application to send email using Office 365 | Microsoft Docs

Quote Originally Posted by Kimi View Post
    Any Ricoh will scan to office365 using the mx record (ie company-com.mail.protection.outlook.com, port 25, no authentication required - if office365 is configured correctly)

see

How to set up a multifunction device or application to send email using Office 365 | Microsoft Docs
    For ease of use, this requires a static IP address on the public internet. It also needs an ISP that doesn't block port 25. Most smaller businesses aren't using a static IP and at many ISP's are blocking port 25 on their network. For larger customers, this is an option since the will have the juice to get their ISP's support involved in whitelisting the port. Smaller customers may be better suited looking at Stunnel or some other option that doesn't require the use of Port 25 on their WAN connection. This will also only allow scan to email to work to internal email addresses, which usually makes customers happy.

There are plenty of established workarounds, the trick is to just find the right one for each customer's situation.