Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Ricoh MP C305SPF Fuser and more

Hi team.
    First pardon my ignorance about Ricoh products. Normally I don't do any, but customer rather pickky and skinflint asked to fix one.
    I think they have changed nothing or minimum of consumables yet.
    Counter is 280k and machine wrinkles a bit almost every page together with ghosting which I think has Fuser roller diameter pitch.
    Fuser itself looks bad. I read that Fuser life is rated at 120k.
    At this count I suppose this lil guy is near end of life, but
    few questions from there:
    1. How bad is to change Fuser, assuming I have no manuals(need to quote them price for labour)
    2. What else may cause these symptoms.
    3. Couldn't find Fuser, Imaging units counters other than toners life in menus-maybe via web interface or Service mode?
    4. How to enter SM would be nice, altough Google is always handy
    5. If they paid any amount of money they will expect that machine will run another 100-200k without big investments, is that even near possible(I don't believe it)?

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP C305SPF Fuser and more

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Hi team.
    First pardon my ignorance about Ricoh products. Normally I don't do any, but customer rather pickky and skinflint asked to fix one.
    Counter is 280k and machine wrinkles a bit almost every page together with ghosting which I think has Fuser roller diameter pitch.
    1. How bad is to change Fuser, assuming I have no manuals(need to quote them price for labour)
    3. Couldn't find Fuser, Imaging units counters other than toners life in menus-maybe via web interface or Service mode?
    5. If they paid any amount of money they will expect that machine will run another 100-200k without big investments, is that even near possible(I don't believe it)?

Fuser is super simple to remove. Open the door, lift 2 levers, remove unit.

You can rebuild those fuser units, but since parts and labor are about equal to replacing the entire unit....so I'd just swap it out and be done. There's a Counter Reset (SP 3701-014) in service mode, but you'll need to check the manual for that procedure.

Black Drum is rated for about 60K on these, and Fuser, Transfer Belt Assy and Transfer roller are all rated 120K, so use this information as you see fit. I didn't even list the paper feed and separation rollers which are also rated for 120K. Consumables in a copier are just like tires on your car. They're only good for so many miles (clicks), then they need to be replaced. To say the machine will run 100/200K without ANY more attention is just not possible.

Thanks fot your help guitar9199.
    Btw, nice new picture...will post if/when they decide to repair machine.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Follow up. Job done, super easy Fuser removal, didn't notice levers first time, mostly because rarely work on such user-serviced boxes. Thanks again for heads-up.
    Customers happy, but after that boss skrewed up my work with another brawl with them

Follow up. Job done, super easy Fuser removal, didn't notice levers first time, mostly because rarely work on such user-serviced boxes. Thanks again for heads-up.
    Customers happy, but after that boss skrewed up my work with another brawl with them

Glad I could be of assistance.

Sorry to tell you that the MP C305 is a turkey of a copier. Be prepared for weird and wonderful problems, i.e keep calling for yellow toner and frying expensive circuit boards. If you ever have to change a feed clutch take a packed lunch with you and warn the wife you're be home late.
    They are so bad we stopped the salesmen reselling them if the ever traded one in. Second hand ones go straight in the bin.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Hi team.

I have a new MPC305 fuser should you need one, can ship worldwide.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Sorry to tell you that the MP C305 is a turkey of a copier. Be prepared for weird and wonderful problems, i.e keep calling for yellow toner and frying expensive circuit boards. If you ever have to change a feed clutch take a packed lunch with you and warn the wife you're be home late.
    They are so bad we stopped the salesmen reselling them if the ever traded one in. Second hand ones go straight in the bin.
    The yellow toner issue was addressed with a firmware update!

I've got dozens of these out never had any real big issues, nice little box IMHO.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Well Lagond, Sir. I wish you posted your experience a bit earlier.
    Now boss get their money on this repair and they will expect another 3-4 years of joyful life from that box.
    Thanks for warning me, better later than never.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

I picked up 3 of these series and dont have an opinion on them.Found it odd what you had to do to clean the glass/optics.
    I saw here a lot of negative so at 1st i stayed clear of them but my supply of mpc300,mpc401s dried up so i took a shot.
    The shop tech at my dealer i buy parts/supplies from seems to love them.
    For me i would work on the mpc300/mpc401 any day of the week and the spc430 crossover allows me to
    get parts cheap.
    So is it that these will become turkeys over time or is it the higher percentage of problems the issue?